[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys help me with my home work? A random polynomial P(x)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Lenovo_A1000_IMG_20161023_114456.jpg (956KB, 1552x2592px) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo_A1000_IMG_20161023_114456.jpg
956KB, 1552x2592px
Can you guys help me with my home work? A random polynomial P(x) is given. When the limit of P(x)/[x 2-4] tends to infinity it equals 4 when it tends to 2 it equals 9/4. I gotta find the polynomial P(x).
>>
X 2 is supused to be square x
>>
And in the last lim of the pic it's supposed to tends 2 not infinite
>>
The numerator has a 4x^2 term
>>
>>8431710
Why?
>>
>>8431721
Because of the limit to infinity. It means that at infinity, the limit is equivalent to 4x^2 / x^2 which then is equal to 4.

Not only do you know it has a 4x^2 term, you also know that is the leading term because if it has a bigger term (like an x cubed) then the limit would diverge to infinity.
>>
>>8431696
You can factor the denominator into (x-2)(x+2), what does that mean for the convergence at x=2 and P(x)?
>>
>>8431732
I somehow got to simplify x-2
>>
>>8431727
Oh thanks my dude now i undrstand
>>
>>8431732
It should be like something*(x-2) and that something for P(2) should be 9
>>
Lim x -> inf of P(x) / (x^2 - 4) = K

Apply Lhopitals rule twice and reason P(x) has to be polynomial of degree 2.

P(x) = Ax^2 + Bx + C
P'(x) = 2Ax + B
P''(x) = 2A

x^2 - 4

2A/2 = K

A = K

SO P(x) = Kx^2 + Bx + C where B and C can be any number you want.
>>
>>8431752
I know it's degree is 2 by now but i am asked what's the polynomial P(x)
>>
>>8431696
>Can you guys help me with my home work?
no
>>
P(x) = Kx^2 + Bx + C where B and C can be any number you want.

K is the number the limit is equal to.
>>
Ok thx guys you are the best i've solved it
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.