[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on sheldrake's Dogs That Know Their Owners

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Dogs-That-Know.jpg (33KB, 228x276px) Image search: [Google]
Dogs-That-Know.jpg
33KB, 228x276px
Thoughts on sheldrake's Dogs That Know Their Owners are Coming Home?
>>
>>8430549
Is there really a whole book on this, or is it a joke? Dogs have good hearing/other heightened senses. They wait at the door barking when they hear the car coming up to the house, it's not supernatural.
>>
>>8430586

>In 100 filmed tests, on average the dog spent far more time at the window when its owner was on her way home than when she was not.

>During the main period of her absence, before she started her return journey, the dog was at the window for an average of 24 seconds per 10-minute period (4% of the time), whereas when she was on her way home, during the first ten minutes of her homeward journey, from more than five miles away, the dog was at the window for an average of five minutes 30 seconds (55% of the time).

>Sheldrake interpreted the result as highly significant statistically.

The foremost researcher of the paranormal, everybody.
>>
>>8430549
wtf my doggo is an ayylien??
wtf ayyliens are doggos??
>>
>>8430586
>Is there really a whole book on this, or is it a joke?
It's real:
https://www.amazon.com/Dogs-That-Their-Owners-Coming/dp/0307885968

What amuses me more than the fact that this exists is that Sheldrake thought this would make for a great title. Couldn't he have called it "Super Sentient Pets" or "HOLY SHIT THESE DOGS ARE MENTAL" or something?
>>
>>8430586
RACIST!
>>
>>8430549
Dogs and Humans alike have a circadian rhythm. Pretty accurate, too. I know this because my bro went to the hospital for a week and every day at the time he'd usually get home, my dog would get really antsy and beg me for treats and stuff.
>>
>>8430620
Was there any control for the time when the owner was coming home? Like I know my dog actually has a very accurate sense of time so she knows when people generally get off work.
>>
>>8430633

>"Super Sentient Pets"
>"HOLY SHIT THESE DOGS ARE MENTAL"

His actual title's better. It's unpretentious and gets right to the point of the specific thing he's investigating.
>>
>>8430549
>>8430620
What a fucking moron. I saw something in a documentary about this, the dogs are sensitive to the concentration of their owner's odor that's left at the point when they get home. When the researchers rubbed the owner's smelly laundry all over the house and the dog had absolutely no idea the owner was about to come home.
>>
>>8430647
A more pretentious title would have been more appropriate.
>>
Is this the same guy who used to do those random number generator studies where the hypothesis was that certain events in the world could influence the outcome of the RNGs?
>>
File: 1444064420192.gif (1MB, 200x210px) Image search: [Google]
1444064420192.gif
1MB, 200x210px
>>8430586
>tfw my old bitch has worse hearing than an average human now
>>
>>8430661
That's him
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.