[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to be giving a 10-20 minute talk at my school. Has to be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1468802155988.jpg (11KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1468802155988.jpg
11KB, 225x225px
Going to be giving a 10-20 minute talk at my school. Has to be about math, or something related but cant think of any ideas.

I'm in my last year of a mathematics BS, looking for something not too advanced but still interesting enough to speak about.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
>>
Who a are you giving the presentation to?
>>
File: download (1).jpg (23KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
23KB, 259x194px
Talk about fractals/Mandelbrot set.
>>
>>8428341
Knot Theory
Dynamical Systems
Matrix Analysis
Modern Geometry
Elliptic Curves
Distribution Theory
>>
>>8428341
Related rates of your dragon dildos filling the volume of your ass as the radius and height increase
>>
How about telling them the fucking truth.

Tell them to hold off college until they have a good business plan.
Tell them you are not guaranteed a job if you graduate.
Tell them that there are people making a living with fart and penis jokes.
Tell them that there are people making a living killing other people.
Tell them social skills and attractiveness is first and talent is second.
Tell them that ditch digging and burger flipping to keep the lights on is okay.
Tell them to learn about the world without the university incentive, strive to be worldly and universal.
Tell them that there are places where drugs and prostututes are legal and regulated.
Tell them the grass can be greener on the other side.
Tell them that age is arbitrary until your body is physically incapable.
Tell them that life isn't exactly a race, it a marathon.
>>
>>8428357
Presentation will be given to mostly pleb students (business,econ,english) but most of the mAth department faculty will be there too.

>>8428366
What even do I where start?
>>
>>8428468
You have any hidelines in particular? If not then some meme that plebs will like.
>>
Just do the Banach-Tarski paradox
>>
>>8428378
kek
>>
>>8428394
wish you had of lectured to me when I was a kidiot desu
>>
>>8428367
I just fear plebs will look at me like "wtf is she saying"

>>8428552
No guidelines just has to be math related and 10-20 min long, mostly just for student involvement
>>
File: _oXFbl9Hlf8.jpg (40KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
_oXFbl9Hlf8.jpg
40KB, 320x320px
>>8428659
find an important, published math paper about something you understand and discuss it
>>
Archemides mathematical works.
The Bernoulli family.
Why series is so useful by turning calculus into algebra.

Etc.
>>
>>8428756
Bernoulli was one guy, Daniel Bernoulli.

But this is a great idea for entertaining undergrads, he hit a lot of topics in a lot of fields.
>>
>>8428394
Ovations all around. Bravo
>>
>>8428394
Age arbitrary till the body is incapable. Yeah that one. Good shit main
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.