[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does animosity between pure scientists and engineers, and between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: Unit-Circle.png (29KB, 691x718px) Image search: [Google]
Unit-Circle.png
29KB, 691x718px
Does animosity between pure scientists and engineers, and between biology and "hard science" exist in real life, oe is it just a slash sci slash maymay?
>>
No it's mostly a gay ass meme believed by undergrads and pushed by cancerous shows like Big Bang Theory.

The only thing I will say is true is that a lot of physicists and mathematician really do believe that they are capable of dominating other fields if they wanted to. This idea has really been enforced by how mathematical other fields have become in recent decades.
>>
>>8428242
t. salty soft science undergrad
xDDD I bet if physicists tried to explain biology, theyd advance the field light years ahead faster than you fags
>>
Why does there need to be some kind of rivalry between the sciences? Why not appreciate the insights other fields can bring about?

Except psychology of course, thats not a science.
>>
>>8428242
Something something Euler's attempt failed something something.
>>
>>8428255

What are you even talking about?
>>
You're gonna work with people of varying academic backgrounds no matter what you do. There's some playful banter in academia, and many academics get all weird about purity, but it's really not very serious besides the autistic undergrads that are convinced they're brilliant. If you go into industry you're gonna work with engineers, and your boss will probably be an engineer, and they'll all probably make more money than you, and you'll have to deal with all of the gay sex parties, but they ain't too bad.
>>
File: 1444707253257.jpg (10KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
1444707253257.jpg
10KB, 222x227px
>>8428191
banter
>>
>>8428191
D&C?
>>
>>8428242
It's just jokes that people throw around, even my physics professors joke about engineers.
>>
>>8428242

It's extremely important for people to understand that just because they're smart in their field, does not necessarily make then smart outside their field. It is very dangerous to think that way.
>>
>>8428191
there's animosity between different branches of engineering, let alone between engineering and science. most of the banter is about earning potential

physics students hate engineers

there are some engineers that unironically say/believe "engineering is like math but louder"
fuck them
>>
undergrad physics majors tend to be fags, other than that not really
>>
>>8428255
>xDDD I bet if physicists tried to explain biology, theyd advance the field light years ahead faster than you fags
top kek
>>
>>8428191
It's just a maymay. It exists at certain places irl too, but you don't want to be near any place where they care about shit like that.

Most real talented guys don't give a shit doing real cool shit don't give a shit about something like that, it ain't constructive.

For example my professor who taught me electronics was a physicist, his research partner is an EE who is now professor of physics.

No one gives a shit about what degree you have at any competent place, they care about what you know and what you do.

/sci/ is mostly composed of high-schoolers and undergrads who are all about muh physics or math, yet they don't have any real knowledge. They are usually mediocre too, but with a bunch of arrogance with no root in ability.
>>
>>8429328
this
>>
>>8428242
desu i think mathamaticians could do better than others in other fields
>>
>>8428191
If it's not physics, it's stamp collecting
>>
Physics prof threatens to demote us to biology of we flunk a class test.
Top bantz.
>>
>>8428191

Nobody who actually graduated and has a job gives a fuck. /sci/ is full of near-dropouts who picked their major because they listened to memes and now need a reason to justify their huge mistake.
>>
>>8428191

From my experience in the field: everybody thinks their job is the most important and obviously the most complicated/hardest while "everyone else" has it easier and every other job is stupidly simple.
>>
>>8428191
I worked at a national lab, with both scientists and engineers. The scientists spend exactly zero time talking about the engineers. They just do science. I didn't work with engineers directly, but I imagine things are the same. These are adults we're talking about, after all. Not the freshman CS majors of sci.
>>
>>8428191
There is some banter in relaxed situations. We work with some civil engineers and joke around how detached from reality we are and how they only fill in excel sheets, but when actually working everybody shows respect for the other.
>>
>>8428859
>just jokes
It's an exercise in social bonding. Like the Germans making jokes about the Jews
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.