[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that psychology is not a science and should be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

Daily reminder that psychology is not a science and should be abandoned and banished from academia.
>>
>>8427451

Ok, thank you.
>>
>>8427460
With sociology and gender studies of course.
>>
>>8427451
What a pity. Up to the 1950s there was some good research in psychology, for example on propaganda, brainwashing and psychological torture. Today psychology students are only taught "gender" bullshit.
>>
dont forget physics too
>>
>>8427474
The studies of propaganda are actively being used in todays "democracy". Its easy to see their research was successful.
>>
>>8427476
And math which is just a language and is useless on its own.
>>
>>8427477
The CIA and similar institutions have their own research departments where they research how to use memes for brainwashing purposes. Memetic warfare has become reality.
>>
>>8427451
>Science
>Knowledge gained by observation and experiment

Psychology uses observations (IQ testing or play observations for indivuals) and experiment (Randomised controlled trials for research).
>>
>>8427485
I would say they have to use a lot of psychology in that so I guess the kikes just want to discredit psychology so they can have retards there and monopolize it for their own purposes? This would also limit how many people can see through the propaganda if they dont see psychology as useful so they dont study it?
>>
File: 1449463396042.png (123KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1449463396042.png
123KB, 785x757px
>hurrrrr durrrrrrrr
>psychology is not le science
>IQ can't be scientific because I scored low on the online IQ test
When will those buttmad brainlets learn?
>>
I'd take psychology more seriously if the people in the field were trying to solve their replication crisis instead of just continuing the circle jerk.

They shouldn't receive any funding for new projects until then.
>>
>>8427544
No funding would mean they would collapse in a week lel.
>>
>>8427451
It makes me really sad that discount Shirobako somehow became popular.

I guess that is my seasonal reminder that the average anime viewer is retarded.
>>
>>>/r/anime
>>
>>8427498
Who the hell manages to score low on an online IQ test? Are you projecting?
>>
>>8427554

They can have funds for replicating studies. And some of the funds can go towards reeducation. At the very least they need to learn what p hacking is and how not to do it.
>>
>>8427492
And then fishing for p < .05 by manipulating data and using wrong statistical tests
>>
>>8427573
That replication study you're referring too is largely considered bullshit now. They half assed a large majority of the studies and hand picked ones they thought would fail.
>>
>>8427647

I'd believe that if psychologists weren't putting out papers with questionable methods like it's their job.
>>
>>8427653
Psychologists are not scientists so it doesnt matter. The whole field is just alchemy.
>>
>>8427451
>Daily reminder that psychology is not a science and should be abandoned and banished from academia.
Did you forgot to take your meds today?
>>
>>8427653
I'm not asking you to believe it I'm saying what many experts of the field are saying. Just Google it.

http://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2016/03/study-that-undercut-psych-research-got-it-wrong/
>>
>>8427680
Nigger detected!
>>
File: academia.png (74KB, 1858x937px) Image search: [Google]
academia.png
74KB, 1858x937px
>>8427451
I thought about this recently and realized that this is how science works
>>
>>8427706
I think art should become science.
>>
File: 1468048476248.gif (851KB, 951x534px) Image search: [Google]
1468048476248.gif
851KB, 951x534px
>>8427680

No, he's been seeing a psychologist, which is why he is still ill, and subsequently still shitposting.

>meds
therapeutics such as medicine would be the next wrung up on the scale of legitimate treatment.
>>
>>8427451
Only evolutionary psychology can stay. The rest must go.
>>
>>8427498

Psychology can't be a science because science relies on repeatable verifiable experiments.

Until we have the ability to copy and generally fuck about with brains we aren't going to be able to make psychology a science. And when we can do that, it still might not be considered ethical.

Right now its more of a useful proto-science. Like alchemy.
>>
>>8427451
Daily reminder that applied crowd psychology runs the world.
>>
>>8427476
How's physics slated for banning?
>>
File: 306608.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
306608.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
>>8427567
Because it has cute girls.

Umiko is the cutest by the way.
>>
>>8427451
>Daily reminder that psychology is not a science and should be abandoned and banished from academia.

Daily reminder that psychology is only a science in classified circles.

Everything they teach the plebes is bullshit.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.