[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does math come so easily for me but chem takes so much more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: large.jpg (18KB, 480x294px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
18KB, 480x294px
Why does math come so easily for me but chem takes so much more fucking work? I really don't get how I could be so autistic and one sided. Any tips?
>>
Can you not do unit conversions? What level math and chem are we talking about here?
>>
>>8424708
real analysis and chem 3 which involves acid and base titrations, reaction rates and nuclear chem.
>>
>>8424700
chemistry is more difficult
>>
>>8424700
Remove your brainlet genes from your body
>>
>>8424711
I did that stuff in Chem 2
>>
>>8425266
I did that when I was 10 years old, fuxxkk you
>>
Honestly OP it sounds like an issue of exposure. Idk what "chem 3" means, but the subject matter seems low on the totem pole to me. If you're already in real analysis, you've probably spent much more time doing math, and have a longer history of it.

Now a second thought, though it could be misguided, is that if the first bit is true, it could be that your brain got so used to theory and the techniques to apply such theory, that you forgot there were other techniques, grounded in other theoretical perspectives. Math, although the principle on which science rests, doesn't always translate into how you understand the topics

>tldr: you didn't fucking branch out in your studies early on and got comfy
>>
>>8424843
because the model is not rigorous
e.g. its shit
>>
>>8425545
This.

Learning Chemistry is just memorising lies.
>>
>>8425545
>e.g.
>for example
>not i.e.
Brainlet detected, also if anyone denies that chemistry is anything besides important and fascinating, not only are you probably retarded for not understanding it...muh appeal to authority of Bohr/Rutherford/etc says you're a huge cock gobbling faggot
>>
>>8424700
chemistry has terrible notation, tons of half-truths and less consistency
>>
>>8425567
Freshman chem is in fact a bunch of fucking lies, but energetics and dynamics as well as later courses aren't so filled with crap. It gets better

>t. A physical chemistry major
>>
I was always "good" at math and sucked at chemistry. That's why I went into ME, sadly I later found out that it still includes a lot of chemistry. Luckily I managed to learn all of the required chemistry. Fuck chemistry though.
>>
>>8425579
But that's when it starts overlapping more with Physics than not though.

t. I never liked Chem so I'm probably biased
>>
>>8424700
You've just got the tisms man
accept it and get a CS degree or some other robot shit
basically accept you're not a real human
>>
>>8425582
True, but as a chem student, it really is just physics.... All of it, it's just the majority of the applications deal with qualitative macroscopic shit, so people put it in another boat. Its literally a group of people that study the effects of wind without trying to study the wind too much
>>
>>8425545
this is why you people are autists, you need to function within boundaries, if the model is not rigorous, all of a sudden, you can't do shit

I thought "mathematicians" were supposed to be smart
>>
>>8424700
Because you fell for the meme that maths is, in general, the most difficult subject. Here in the UK, Chemistry is considered the hardest A Level (high school subject)
>>
>>8424700
Math and physics let's you learn from first principles.

Chemistry is learned from the perspective that it just works.

If you take enough physics, you'll learn why chemistry works the way it does. Making actual chemistry easier.
>>
>>8425900
>high school math and chemistry are equivalent to an undergraduate degree
>>
>>8425576
What's wrong with chemistry's notation?
>>
>>8425917
British A-levels are equivalent to US freshman year.
>>
>>8425576
> half-truths
Which 'half-truths'? You're just making shit up.
>>
>>8425225
How do I do this
>>
You're a brainlet desu
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.