[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you network in STEM? In a classroom setting, there seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

How do you network in STEM?

In a classroom setting, there seems to be two groups. Quiet betas and loud obvious career-destined socialites who seem to go to all the seminars and placement fairs.

How do I become one of them?
>>
>>8424671
just be yourself man
>>
>do something insignificant
>brag to professors and make it seem significant
>repeat above until you actually do something significant
>>
>>8424671
Who is this seed steed?
>>
>>8425496
Gemma Arterton
>>
>>8424671
>how do you network in STEM
Get a job
>>
>>8425496
if you can't reverse search you are literally a brainlet and don't belong to this board
>>
>>8425535
>hahaha brainlet!!
>a-am i fitting in yet g-guys
>>
>>8424671
>join clubs
>go to career fairs
>go to networking events

That's literally it. What's so hard?
>>
>>8424671

Just be kunfident brah

or

250 mg of test every 3 days
>>
>>8425496
>>8425542
>le semen demon maymays XD
>ironic shitposting
go back to one of your cancer boards
>>
>>8424671
Yo, I'm one of those in the latter group.

Pay attention to what's going on on campus. If you know when your department does seminars and when your professional club does things, make it a point to go to them, even if it means you get 2-3 hours less of study time per week, you may have a better network to help you learn more.

I also had the benefit of joining a Greek organization on campus, I'll tell you now that I took a hit to my GPA as a result, however it also is one of the fastest ways to network really well, really fast.

Also, don't assume just because you're not a loud socialite means you can't network. The extent of an introduction doesn't have to be "YO GIRL WHAT YOU DOIN TONIGHT", just start with a simple "hello, how's things?" and let conversation go from there. Try to take a more professional instead of academic approach to your schoolwork, you may find it's better for you, depending on how you want your career to go.
>>8425552
That's definitely a significant piece to it, but just remember that you can meet people in other situations as well.
>>
>>8425863
you mean iconic shitposting ;)
>>
>>8425863
Who is this elitist fuck? You're shit posting yourself. Your posts are no different than any other edgy anon.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.