[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you feel about the Chinese being the first to genetically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (121KB, 462x626px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
121KB, 462x626px
How do you feel about the Chinese being the first to genetically modify embryos with CRISPR?
Can you imagine a society that's so collectivist and pragmatic that they don't value human life at all like the Chinese, taking over the planet with genetic super babies? Are we entering a dystopian future?
>>
File: image.gif (48KB, 356x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
48KB, 356x200px
Biological Engineering and Genetic Mutation is probably one of the most innovative fields to get in but totally destroys morality in general
>>
>>8423888
Fuck morality then. I want two things

1) to live forever or at least for 400, 500 years

2) genetically engineered master race children to carry my name to space and beyond
>>
>>8423895
Isn't that why we send big ass gold records into space on giant solar powered satellites? So that future space Africans can find our records?
>>
>>8423907
The difference is that giant ass gold records aren't me. I don't care if the legacy of my name lives on for 500 years, I want to live on for 500 years.
>>
By the way, I have no problem with genetic engineering. My problem is that it's the chinese. A society that thinks it's okay to abort their children because they are female, publically executes people and generally doesn't give a fuck when people are abducted or killed at broad daylight should be the last ones to have that technology. We all know the most powerful nations influence the cultures of others. Or downright take other nations over with war.
The chinese becoming the most smart and powerful people would be absolutely devastating for the world.
>>
>>8423920
Maybe we are not as technologically advanced BECAUSE we set such higher social standards
>>
>>8423920
and yet, its this lack of morals that let them genetically engineer babies, but moralfags are the ones holding it back in the west

really makes you think
>>
>>8423907
>So that future space Africans can find our records?

Oh ho ho, anon. It'll take a lot more colonizing before that happens.
>>
>>8423935
>and yet, its this lack of morals that let them genetically engineer babies, but moralfags are the ones holding it back in the west
Same reason why sexbots are completely inevitable, no matter how much feminists whine.

Even if EU and US ban the development and production of them all that will happen is that we'll have surrendered the monopoly to Chinese, Japanese or Koreans that don't give a fuck about feminism and that will happily produce them.

Same thing, while hippies and people who think genetic engineering is eugenics have power in the west in the east the government and powers to be don't give a fuck about them and will happily experiment on people to produce better, smarter, stronger, more durable elite.
>>
>>8423888
Why do you write that Biological Engineering and Genetic Mutation destroy morality?
>>
>>8423954
Cause it's almost like playing God and many people would agree that this is morally incorrect, taking religion (God) totally out of the picture
>>
>>8423920
Chinese progress will force the West to take action, but you're right to highlight that there are many things at stake. The Soviet Union was one thing, but some of their policies were useful and humane enough to be adopted by the West and they never had sweat shops. The Chinese are a whole different beast however. There's a culture with a complete lack of sympathy for poor people, who are to be worked to death as long as they help companies, rich people and the government make money and have the West owe them.

I never thought I'd say this, but this one time in history, I want the US to win. They cannot let them take over technologically and economically, these people are not fit to set the terms for the rest of the world. God forbid something like that ever happens. And whether it's for good reason or not, a Sino-US conflict is inevitable in the future, I think we can tell quite comfortably. The US and particularly its intelligence services are too focused on being the #1 in the world to let the Chinese take over, so I wouldn't worry too much about China getting too far ahead technologically. If the US and Europe decide to set their sights on scientific endeavours to eclipse China, they will, no matter what the common person or the academic ethicists have to say about it.
>>
>>8424030
people thought galileo was playing god when he was able to accurately predict the movements of heavenly bodies.

think that the nazi's were morally corrupt? we've leveled cities with nuclear bombs, and all of that was way before we had any capacity to do genetic engineering. at this point, CRISPR would be child's play.
>>
>>8424082
Playing God in terms of Biology and organic human terms, not predictions of heavenly bodies and other certain sciences.
When it comes to genetic engineering with humans, that's where most people draw the line for the time being of course
>>
>>8423920

>The chinese becoming the most smart and powerful people would be absolutely devastating for the world.

That's if there shit doesn't collapse on top of themselves. Modern China for all it's progress and intelligence has shown a distinct lack of care when it comes to safety protocols in engineering and logistics.

When they're focus on one particular thing shit is golden but when it becomes mass produced or applied then the cracks of their engineering methodologies starts to show (probably because they're too eager to build themselves up infrastructure wise).

I suspect a similar thing will happen with CRISPR. They will find a general method of genetic engineering marketable to the public but fail to rigorously test it for future proofing and fuck themselves in the ass a couple generations later with swaths of people with compromised fitness and novel disease variants.

Then they'll have to isolate those people to prevent the rest of their population genome from getting fucked but face a social outcry they won't be able to contain or sweep under the rug.
>>
>>8424067

>I never thought I'd say this, but this one time in history, I want the US to win

And what is the matter with you that you are only just now coming around to such a salutary attitude?
>>
Fuck you all

Good going China! Engineer the fuck out of it. Once China is done being the first ones to test it out and suffer all the ill effects the west will have no choice but to cave in and allow it while also avoiding the nasty side effects of the first batch.
>>
I think it´s great. They are the ones who are going to take the first steps towards mans control over evolution. We in the west are going to have to do the same thing eventually anyway to be able to compete with them. i think they know there will be some problems at first but as they say: "for a great leap forward a generation has to be sacrificed" or something like that.
>>
>>8424127
damn, that is an awesome synopsis. completely agree.
>>
>>8424184
also a very good point.
>>
Are there any predicted timelines for use on viable embryos?
>>
Chinese biogenetics is the nightmare this century deserves.
>>
>>8424127
>I suspect a similar thing will happen with CRISPR. They will find a general method of genetic engineering marketable to the public but fail to rigorously test it for future proofing and fuck themselves in the ass a couple generations later with swaths of people with compromised fitness and novel disease variants.

I suspect that the "scientists" will sting their investors along with promises of power and immortality until they run out of cash, and we'll find out ten years later that these "genetically engineered" super-babies are no smarter or longer lived than their non-modified counterparts.

The full spectrum warriors on this board like to think that ethics is just something that holds you back, like the reason we haven't cured cancer yet is that we've failed to inject enough jewish twins with syphilis, when it's really about making sure that a technology or theory actually works and is not just a case of mass delusion, wishful thinking or outright fraud, three things that Chinese academia is rife with.
>>
>>8423895
Then they will look at their family tree and say
>and this one, that's the retard subhuman
>>
I'm interested what will come of trying to edit neurofunction. I mean maybe one day we'll have the whole picture, but designing "smarter" kids just sounds like a shitton of mistakes waiting to happen.

>the Chinese autist meme will become a fundamental truth
>>
>>8423883
>are we entering a dystopian future?
no, we are already there
>>
>>8424030
some people don't like it =/= destroys morality
>>
>>8425548
We are not going to design babies at first. That will be selecting embryos after an IVF cycle.

We can already select against genetic disorders. Soon it will be for height, BMI, athletic performance and intelligence. The design phase with CRISPR comes later.
>>
>>8423883
>complains about chinese people
>posts a japanese person
>>
File: wtf.jpg (11KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
11KB, 184x274px
>>8423888
Yeah, double sided blade, It's medicinal applications blow religious (ahem, superstitious) morality out of the water. And if there were a god, he would want us to master this science.
>>
>>8423883
Its good. Humanity will advance and thats what matters.
I think we are going to enter a dystopian future anyway.
>>
>>8424030
How "god" feels about scientific research should never be a question. Because god is not real.

Also science ALWAYS is in direct opposition of "nature" and "god's plan" because science is man's attempt to understand and control the world around him.

If we leave everything to "god's plan" we would still be living in the woods being eaten by lions and probably would have went extinct a long time ago.
>>
That feel when we Americans will get cucked by super chinks

6' 5" genetically superior Asian males, 130 IQ average super muscular

All because of muh morality
>>
>>8427432
We will nuke them before they can dispatch their super babbys...
>>
>>8427432
They wont even need to go to war with us if they are able to genetically produce humans who don't get sick, who need less food, or can some other way function far superior to us.

Their nation would be so prosperous they would literally be like gods to us.
>>
>>8427461
nothing some nukes wouldnt fix
>>
>>8423952
Its not just hippies but also christfags who say genetic engineering is playing god

we are literally living in a dark age tbqh
>>
>>8427484
Genetic engineering has limitless possibilities... they could create a human that is immune to radiation fallout and just develop underground bomb forts then just come up after we nuked them like its no big deal. plus they can nuke us back.
>>
>>8424438
>biogenetics

For what purpose?
>>
>>8427429
>and probably would have went extinct a long time ago.

Except their are still primitive tribes in the Amazon, off that island near India etc which hav still existed right up until the 'modern' era so that statement is a fallacious speculation really.
>>
>>8427512
well they can modify themselves all they want, wont protect them from their body exploding from a nuclear bomb
>>
>>8424067
>I want the US to win.

I don't want to live in a unipolar world at all and I'm fucking glad that such a current state we have is being challenged irrespective of who is doing it.
>>
>>8423888
How is it immoral to make people better?
>>
>>8427540
Enjoy being a slave to Chiang
You chose this path
>>
>>8427537
Even primitive tribes in isolation use science and technology, its just far more primitive than our own. So your comparison is false.
>>
>>8427540
I rather live under Canada's rule than the rule of the Chinese or Russians. And I personally don't even like Canada.

Out of the three evils (China, Russia, and the US), the US literally the lesser of the three.
>>
Why do americans keep hating chinese people?
>>
>>8427687
we don't, we love your food.
>>
>>8427687
I think they are threatened by the rise of China and put China and the chinese down to feel better about themselves.
>>
>>8427687
Americans do not hate the Chinese People.
They hate the Chinese government.

Americans do not hate the Russian People.
They hate the Russian government.

All for good reason. They are antagonistic as fuck for the last 70 years.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.