[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how does one come to love maths? >like science >like history

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: gunp.jpg (61KB, 634x541px) Image search: [Google]
gunp.jpg
61KB, 634x541px
how does one come to love maths?

>like science
>like history
>like english
>shit at maths

is there a curse worse then this?
>>
>how does one come to love maths?
You don't, loving maths is a meme. It's just a tool.
>>
>>8422121
I can see how a lot of what I frame as "mechanical logic" exists as concepts in mathematics, but nonetheless, can't see math as anything other than ugly. It really is ugly. It's not boring. It's ugly and makes me feel boxed in. There's a constant sensation of overhead. Like I'm wading through briars to make any motion whatsoever, even if I know the process, and know the end result before I've even begun.

It's ugly and feels wrong. I only use it as a means to more readily expand core logic.
>>
These subjects that you like, all of them are practical in their own ways. Math is purely theoretical, this is, considering you're talking about pure math, which I think you are.
And maybe that's your problem: you're a practical guy. It's part of your personality and I honestly think it's quite hard to change this sort of mindset.
Remember: you don't need to love math to be good at it; math is science's main tool, by sticking with the former you will be rewarded by the latter, since you love science.
>>
>>8422134
>>8422121
that is not true. I just write a page full of random numbers (integers) and then masturbate to them as if there were no tomorrow
>>
Generally, people like what they're good at. So, get good at math and you will probably start to like it.
>>
>>8422121
>how does one come to love maths?
You don't. You're pretty much born that way.
>>
You cannot like science and dislike Math at the same time.
>>
>>8423223
I dunno, you can like being rich but dislike working for a paycheck.
>>
>>8423223

Believe or not everyone isn't interested in the mathematical models that explains the flight of birds and insects anon.

Some are just interested in physiological structure and design of the wings and bodies, be it for observation or engineering design purposes.
>>
You don't have to "love math", but you can enjoy it nonetheless. Just get better at it and you'll start to enjoy it more
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.