[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why are astrophysicists such hippies? http://www.nature.com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

why are astrophysicists such hippies?

http://www.nature.com/news/the-scientists-who-support-donald-trump-1.20827
>>
>>8420551
so, the brainlets (economists, engineers) tend to have more conservative views (albeit still liberal in majority)? Interesting to see actual proof, but not surprising.

I don't even know why they include sociology though, embarrassing.
>>
>>8420565
>economists and engineers are brainlets
>not sociologists
>>
>>8420565
It's the differential equations. Mathematicians have the same pattern.

In response to my previous post offering advice to aspiring economists, a student emails me:

>Since the time allocation is limited, I can take only some math courses and the problem is that I am not sure which courses are most important for a successful economist and which course I should take first. Can you possibly suggest for me a list of math courses that a typical economics student should take step by step?

Here is one plan of action:
Calculus
Linear Algebra
Multivariable Calculus
Real Analysis
Probability Theory
Mathematical Statistics
Game Theory
Differential Equations
Note the differential equations

There is, of course, some flexibility about the order of courses, but you can absolutely not skip the differential equations. Differential equations separate economists from Marxist sociologists who suck dick. Check the prerequisites at your school to figure out the right sequencing.

Let me also recommend a book if you need a crash course for catch up or review: Principles of Mathematical Analysis, by Walther Rudin.
Greg Mankiw at 5:38 AM
>>
>>8420551
Many aspies become astrophysicists because they dream of disproving God.
>>
>>8420551
>far right
>chemists

Are those literal nazis a la Dr Strangelove or did they count terrorists in there?
>>
>>8421030
There are no literal nazis, they are all illiterate imbeciles
>>
Because astrophysicists rarely end up working in industry.
>>
>>8421041
>America and the Soviet Union never built space programs in the 50s and 60s off of technology they stole from the nazis in the 40s
>>
>>8420551
ARE WE ACTUALLY NOT GONNA LOOK AT THE FUCKING SAMPLE SIZES

>guiz the smartest people are always liberulz I promise
>>
>>8421205
they are though
>>
>being "far" anything
>being right wing or conservative
>being "I'll just remain neutral haha, both candidates are equally bad, right guys?" meme
Liberal is the only choice
>>
>>8421205
The sample sizes are great. Not even at an astronomy conference will you find 500 working astronomers.
>>
>>8420551
They should've separate mathematics from statistics. I mean seriously.
>>
>>8421047
this
>>
>>8421322
>>8421047
How does it explain anything?
>>
File: Earth - the pale BLUE DOT.jpg (13KB, 268x320px) Image search: [Google]
Earth - the pale BLUE DOT.jpg
13KB, 268x320px
>>8420551
Astrophysics requires a very "big picture" outlook, thus you tend to look at all as mankind as a single species, rather than a series of cultures or tribes. You may even end up looking at all of life on Earth as a single entity, and a flash in a microscopic pan on a dust mote, when set next to the universe as a whole.

This, inevitably, spawns a liberal viewpoint.

As for sociology, SJW is practically in the name... This, however, is a recent phenomenon, and is, in part, a response to the extreme opposite view some of its eurocentric protoforms contained.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.