[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>implying being a software engineer isn't the elite choice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1474810584220.jpg (35KB, 318x308px) Image search: [Google]
1474810584220.jpg
35KB, 318x308px
>implying being a software engineer isn't the elite choice
enjoy never amounting to nothing because you need to suck dick of your goverment official to give you a grant.

enjoy having no jobs prospects.
>>
>>8420187
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>8420187
engineers are better in every respect
>>
>>8420195
Not in research for superconductors.
>>
>engineers arguing about who sucks corporate dick more effectively
Daily reminder that without scientists you wouldn't even have your neat little toys to play with. You are but mere parasites leeching off a flawed system.
>>
File: CS.jpg (96KB, 650x369px) Image search: [Google]
CS.jpg
96KB, 650x369px
>>8420187
>implying you won't get cucked by other STEM majors for jobs
>>
>>8421099
>scientists talking shit about sucking dick for industry money

TOPPEST OF KEKS

who do you think funds 99% of academic research?
>>
>>8421129
Yet the Koch brothers and the tobacco industry can't afford to get their propaganda printed in scientific journals? Seems like they have a lot more integrity and value to society than engineers.
>>
>>8421019

We are talking in comparison to software engineers, who aren't even real engineers with the proper certification
>>
>>8421144

literally this
>>
>>8420187
Software engineering is not really that glamorous and I say this from the perspective of someone who is inside. Most sectors of it fucking suck.

Read about any of the scandals in the video game industry. How SHIT it is to work in videogames.

Here is a fun one: mobile development. I say this as someone who sometimes makes apps. Mobile programming is the most boring and slowest kind of development there is. Here is a phrase you will not hear in any other place:

UI DEBUGGING
Yeah boy, Go debug your fucking layout with a million buttons that is crashing because you fucked up assigning the relation that one button has with the ones around it. Oh what? You have one layout with a scroll view containing 3 layouts that each contain about 20 views... and can spawn multiple instances of themselves? Wew, have fun.

And I do really small projects. Companies ask me for really small and contained applications that like 10 people will use. I also have the luxury of working alone so I do not have to deal with other people's fuck ups.

But imagine those developers in the hungry start ups who have to use the latest UI memes to be trendy for hipsters and also have to work in teams of 50. Fuck that shit.

Teamwork in general is shit desu but in software it is an even bigger problem. I've had to read other's people code and sometimes write over it. That is the absolute worst. That is why I call it a luxury that I work almost completely alone, at least when it comes to code. I do have to talk to both clients and managers but talking to people is even easier than working so who cares.

But obviously it does has it perks, specially if you have actual knowledge. If you get stuck in videogames or mobile development it is because you have a shitty CS or SE degree that trained you to be a videogame monkey or mobile monkey and you will hate your life. But if you actually know technology in general (and have some passion for mathematics) then you can have a lot of fun.
>>
File: tldr.jpg (33KB, 450x363px) Image search: [Google]
tldr.jpg
33KB, 450x363px
>>8421176
>>
>>8421189
TL;DR: Software Engineering is not glamorous unless you work in something that has less to do with the "software engineering" part of it (UIs, general design, etc.) and more to do with the mathematics of what your program is meant to do.

For example, a CS guy at facebook testing the new fucking emojis will want to kill himself, but a physics/mathematics guy who develops the simulation programs for an engineering firm will probably have the time of his life but those guys will usually identify themselves more with "Physicist" or "Mathematician" than with "Software Engineer", even if they work primarily making software.
>>
What tech jobs are most CS related?
>>
>>8421176
Is it wrong that none of that really sounds boring? Maybe it's just me but I'm CS/programming major and I wouldn't be doing it if I didn't enjoy fiddling with code.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.