[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw we will never have a world free of harmful/annoying bacteria

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg (71KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
3073462-6780343819-Peezl.jpg
71KB, 707x500px
>tfw we will never have a world free of harmful/annoying bacteria
>even if we colonize other star systems they'll hitchhike with us in our colons and keep annoying us forever
>>
>tfw STDs and pregnancy risk are still a thing
>can't just have casual sex with whoever whenever
>even involved or meaningful sex has an element of risk
What a joke.
>>
File: probiotics-diagram.jpg (117KB, 843x568px) Image search: [Google]
probiotics-diagram.jpg
117KB, 843x568px
>>8419087

They are harmful when your immune system is bad for whatever reasons (stress, malnutrition, etc) and when your non-pathogenic bacteria in and on your body are not quite numerous.
>>
>>8419167
If you believe that pathogens are only dangerous when your immune system isn't functioning correctly then you're pretty ignorant
>>
>>8419167
Sometimes you can just get unlucky and pick up a seriously dangerous mutant e coli that has something nasty like a shiga toxin plasmid.
>>
>>8419198
Illness is an exception, not the norm. Our immune system is incredibly effective. Of course there are cases where our immune system is unable to protect us, but it's not the norm.
>>
>>8419216
We are constantly under attack by viruses, bacteria, fungal spores, worms, protozoan parasites like toxo, sleeping sickness, malaria, giardia, and trichomonas, and shit that hasn't even been classified yet. The fact that you're not sick has just as much to do with you being lucky enough not to run into a nasty bug as it has to do with how much you take care of yourself.
>>
File: 61946384.jpg (9KB, 148x87px) Image search: [Google]
61946384.jpg
9KB, 148x87px
>>8419238
>The fact that you're not sick has just as much to do with you being lucky

Or........................................... our great immune system does a great job..........

You know what it is the immune system?
>>
>>8419246
>You know what it is the immune system?
Do you know how the immune system works, you fucking retarded namefag? Your immune system is great but it also has several blind-spots, and if you get hit by something that can get past those blind-spots then no amount of vitamins and water is going to help you. That's all I'm saying.
>>
>>8419251
What about vitamin water? Will that do it?
Synergistically?
The vitamins with the water?
>>
>>8419251
>Do you know how the immune system works

Yes i know but you, sir, clearly don't know.
> it's le lucky enough

Please, stop.
>>
This is an ez fix OP, just make a digital copy of your intelligence.
>>
>>8419259
>Yes i know but you, sir, clearly don't know.
Man, fuck off. Just because you watched a few videos about the microbiome doesn't mean you know shit about immunology. How much do you know about the MHCII locus? Complement proteins? Can you even name and describe the 5 classes of antibodies without looking at your textbook? Do you know about the different classes of lymphocytes? Man you don't know shit.
>>
>>8419269
Do you know shit?
No aggression intended. Questions may follow.
>>
File: listen here cunt.jpg (78KB, 994x642px) Image search: [Google]
listen here cunt.jpg
78KB, 994x642px
viruses are the future

will teach you mother fuckers to call these things a form of life

t. biologist
>>
>>8419087
Bacteria are fucking unstoppable, at least we can (hopefully) stop the spread of fuckin mosquitoes to other stars (until some fucking stupid Brazilians let them escape a la the killer bee)

>>8419274
Gtfo here, don't make me RNAi your whack-ass gene expression you capsidlet
t. virologist
>>
The human body creates/cycles through new types of bacteria constantly. Why are they hiding that information?
>>
>>8419087
>>even if we colonize other star systems they'll hitchhike with us in our colons and keep annoying us forever
Says who? Spray the crap out of every single person boarding any space vassal and include two or three security checks and you should have 100% or damn near it chance of killing all harmful bacteria and viruses.

Then, as long as there isn't space bacteria, we'd be able to live a perfectly safe life.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.