[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If evolution is real, then why do suicidal people exist? If

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1463333305492.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
1463333305492.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
If evolution is real, then why do suicidal people exist?

If they kill themselves, they are less likely to pass the suicidal genes into further generations.
>>
>>8418180
>suicidal genes
I hope you kill yourself so you don't pass on your mental retardation genes.
>>
If evolution is real, then why do weaboos exist?

If they are permavirgins, they are less likely to pass the weaboo genes into further generations.
>>
>>8418180

one can exhibit the will to survive through fierce adversity wouldn't you agree? It is rather logical/instinctive.
There's a flip side to that coin that will always be there I believe, even if you don't want to see it.

We like to talk about heroes and leaders, which are prime example of survival instincts taken to the extreme.
This would make no sense without the other end of the line. Each segment in time/space has two ends, humans are no exception
>>
>>8418180
Not every observable phenomenon has to have a direct causation with fitness. Sometimes a phenomenon that appears unfit is actually a result of a trait that actually is fit.

Kind of like how OP likes to take it up the ass.
>>
>>8418180

Killing yourself doesn't make you less likely to pass on genes. Killing yourself before you reproduce does.
>>
>>8418248
dude what are you trying to say. english motherfucker. do you speak it.

would hate to read one of your papers!
>>
>>8418180
What makes you think suicidalness is heritable?

>>8418255
this too
>>
>>8418180

Suicide isn't wholly caused by what you call "suicide genes". Suicide can exist among people who never exhibit depression or other forms of mental disorders that often make suicide more likely.

Furthermore, genes can exist beyond 1 person. For example recessive genes can lay dormant among a group of people for generations and be able to show up if they are dominant.

Another problem with this argument is that suicidal people do not procreate. Many suicidal people often hold in their depression well in advance in the adult years.

My last point is that genes that make people more prone to depression and suicide can exist among descendants and be passed down and exist in most of your family's genes but it doesn't necessarily mean they will become depressed.
>>
>>8418180
>>>/a/
you retarded faggot
>>
>>8418278
Seems like you are the one having problems with the english language. I could read it just fine.
What is your problem?
>>
>>8418278
Not fluently sorry.
I meant that as humans we range from brave motherfuckers that fight bulls bare hands to renunciating suicidal men. You hopefully will see my point without irony here.

While natural selection seems to be simpler (yet lovely) with animals, I think our 'diversity' makes our spectrum really wide and often troubling.

Animals fear mostly danger but are not aware of death (discuted). We know what's coming, and either strive to be the best we can be before it does happen, or give it all up, sometimes to suicide. Hence the word 'extreme', everything in between is called the norm. Surviving.

Luckily I'll never write any paper anon. I know this shit isn't clear either, but I can never speak properly about suicide for some reason. I don't think it can ever be explained, since it is a case by case issue.

>>8418326
Thanks but sometimes after I read my posts I wonder why I'm not on prozac
>>
>>8418180
No, depression may have genetic contributors, but isn't only determined by it. In fact, all human behavior is not linked to genes. The depression 'pandemic' is most likely caused by social media, and over-stimulation by modern telecommunications.

Very few creatures besides humans are capable of committing willful suicide. It is a conscientious decision, and is purely rational. In fact, you might argue then that human sentience is, in fact, the 'suicide' gene. The only way to premeditate suicide is to think about it.
>i nu i just blew some minds thar

Anyway, suicide is mostly caused by external factors coupled with a breakdown in rational. This could be chemical, but is primarily the result of human interaction.
>>
>>8418180
>If evolution is real, then why do suicidal people exist?

if youre old and sick and your kids are taking care of you then your kids (your genes) are less likely to be passed on. That's why old people who cant take care of themselves should kill themselves.

I don't really know if I believe this myself but the logic is solid.
>>
Also never forget that nature doesn't give a shit about you after 25.
You already start losing her interest by 16.
All that matters is that humans reproduced by that time. And most people, until recent cultural changes, would have been of reproductive age before having any mental problems that lead to suicidal urges.

I can't remember, but somewhere around 25 you stop producing near the same amount of some hormones or whatever, and it's all downhill from there.
As far as selection goes, you've already had at least 10 years to have kids, there's no reason for things that happen after 25 to influence the fitness of your offspring while they are they are of reproductive age as well.

And don't forget, we have created a society where plenty of people who shouldn't have lived to reproductive age are having kids. Selective pressure is nowhere near the level it was even 200 years ago. Now even if you aren't capable of leaving your house from birth onward, let alone survive in the wild or outrun things that find you tasty, you can still end up having kids
>>
>>8421069
maybe thats true of women but in nature alpha males tend to remain sexually active and breeding up until old age, sure youve had 10 years to reproduce by 25 and it becomes less biologically urgent but maintaining an active reproductive system isnt as hard as overloading your brain with hormones. and like, fucking obviously if you can keep having kids for 30 years instead of 10 you have more reproductive success even if you have a lot less after 25.

this is why men are capable of having perfectly healthy kids up until their 50s when their dick stops getting hard, its also why like 2% of the asian population is descended from genghis khan
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.