[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand many worlds Lets say you have a universe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: binary.jpg (60KB, 387x348px) Image search: [Google]
binary.jpg
60KB, 387x348px
I don't understand many worlds

Lets say you have a universe consisting of 2 binary bits, the binary bits, a split based on whether or not a bit changes, and in this universe, it always happens in the order from left to right. There's a 3rd binary l/r that simply represents if it is the left or the right bit's turn to change

So the base universe
00 l

splits into
10 r
00 r

splits into
11 l
10 l
-
01 l
00 l

Splits into
11 r
10 r
-
01 r
00 r
--
01 r
00 r
-
11 r
10 r

Is 11 r the same universe as 11 r, despite one coming from 11 l and the other coming from 01 l?

Does this mean a universe can have not only multiple futures, but multiple pasts if they result in the same state as the present?

Instead of branching out, the universe always is in one of 2^3 states of being. The implication is that 00 l may not be the base state of the universe, it could be any combination of the binary variables, since they can all result in each other. I could have started with 11 l and ended up with the same results, and therefore, 11 l was actually the past state in addition to 00 l.

On the other hand does time even matter? If you end up back at 00 l, is that any different from the original 00 l, is there any difference between a prior 00 l and a later 00 l. There's no other information in the universe besides 00 l. This would be like I don't know, the universe collapsing and big banging. The appearance of time is simply because there's 7 states that are not 00 l.

Does it branch infinitely as time goes on, or does it just cyclically oscillate between l and r with 4 superimposed binary states (00,01,10,11) since there is no objective time?

(00,01,10,11) l
^
|
v
(00,01,10,11) r

The universe rather than branching out, is simply exists as the all possible superimposed binary states. That is the entire multiverse and every possible expression of this universe?
>>
>multiverse
>>>/x/
>>
>>8417818
t. brainlet
>>
>>8417815
I'm confused, how does 00 l become 00 r if the left bit hasn't changed?
>>
>>8417846
l/r just stands for the bit to be changed next. l always changes to r and r always changes to l. But 0 may change into 1 or it may stay at 0, same for 1.
>>
>>8417815
Why would the universe be based on binary bits
>>
>>8417868
Ah that makes more sense. Yes two universes with the same state would be identical because neither their past nor future states are actually recorded in their data. Only the probabilities of their past and future exist. Following this logic of uncertainty their original and end states don't actually matter, it is not contained within their information pool. You're right, time doesn't matter since certain causality doesn't exist, there's no chain of events in randomness. Sure it branches infinitely but as you mentioned time doesn't really matter so there's no telling how long a branch is when considering the state of a universe. Yeah that's pretty much multiverse in a nutshell I guess. I'm just going on logic here and don't actually know the multiverse too well but it seems to make sense.
>>
>>8417876
It's a simplification for the sake of making it easier to understand. The universe is pretty much the same code only much much larger.
>>
>>8417876
>he doesn't understand that the universe could be modeled on a turing machine
>>
I've wondered this as well. Thankfully assuming OP is correct this makes Roko's Basilisk impossible.
>>
>>8417926
What exactly makes you think that the set of the universe's symbols is finite?
>>
>>8418017
A turing machine has unlimited tape length bucko.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.