[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone read this? Trying to wrap my head around the Wang's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: cover225x225.jpg (9KB, 172x225px) Image search: [Google]
cover225x225.jpg
9KB, 172x225px
Anyone read this?

Trying to wrap my head around the Wang's carpets and the theory of neutron mouths being wormholes.

Also can someone explain spin to me?
>A fermion needed two full rotations, 720 degrees to come back into phase.
Having trouble visualizing this.
>>
By the first rotation, it wasn't a fermion anymore, by the second rotation it turned back into one. How about throwing a knife, what are the chances the pointy end will hit the wall?

I don't know about that second part though, but it makes me think about somewhere i read all electrons are the same, single electron, being bounced around at a crazy speed.
>>
File: 1473932614413.gif (1MB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1473932614413.gif
1MB, 256x256px
>>8417731
>A fermion needed two full rotations, 720 degrees to come back into phase.
Think of fermions as being connected to the world with thin invisible ribbons that cant pass thru each other. rotating the fermion 360deg will give those ribbons a twist. This twist cant be undone unless you rotate the fermion back. Now rotate the fermion 720deg, the double twists in the ribbons can now be undone without any rotations.

Follow this gif and you can see how it goes back to its original state in 2 rotations.
>>
>>8417742
>>8417750

Thank you. But what do the twisting ribbons represent in the real world?
>>
>>8417731
Good book but does anyone know what the event at the galactic core was 26000 years ago? Egan doesn't say except that it's burst would be 30 million times more powerful than a binary neutron star system collapsing....? Any ideas?
>>
>>8417756
2 black holes merging? I dont know how much
>30 million times more powerful than a binary neutron star system collapsing
is, but

>[A] pair of black holes with estimated masses around 36 and 29 times that of the Sun spun into each other and merged to form a 62 solar mass black hole (approximate) on 14 September 2015, at 09:50 UTC. Three solar masses were converted to gravitational radiation, in the final fraction of a second, with a peak power 3.6×10^56 ergs/second (200 solar masses per second), which is 50 times the total output power of all the stars in the observable universe.

Just think how powerful 2 supermasive black holes merging would be.
>>
>>8417761
Holy shit
>Must not fap

Very interesting thank you
>>
>>8417753
There is no real world object it represents. Its a fundamental property of any 3D space.
>>
>>8417750
Wow this gif is awesome. Although I have no idea how can this represent anything in the real world.

t. mathfag
>>
>>8419146
It doesn't its fake as shit
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.