[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you guys tell me how the lunar lander worked? Here are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: lunar lander schematics.jpg (159KB, 800x1048px) Image search: [Google]
lunar lander schematics.jpg
159KB, 800x1048px
Can you guys tell me how the lunar lander worked? Here are the schematics.
>>
let me guess you are one of those moon landing denier conspiracy retards right?

Kill yourself and get back to pol.

>>>/pol/
>>
why did it need so much helium?
>>
>>8414980
It's used to displace the fuel
>>
>>8414980
To inflate the celebratory balloons once they landed.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (24KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
24KB, 1280x720px
>>8415052
Weather balloons on the moon?!?
PFFT! Sure. We all heard that one before.
>>
>>8414980
Look up "ullage". Failure to do this would end up in a catastrophic failure.
>>
>>8414973
>how the lunar lander worked
I am not sure what is not already answered in spades on the net, even Wikipedia is reasonably correct (I guess the tech drives the spuds away).

Anyway, two crew members entered the module through the docking hatch when docked with the command module. Module then fired thrusters to go into descent.

On completing the mission on the lunar surface the crew used the bottom part as the launch ramp for the upper part, the only part to dock with the command module in orbit around the Moon. Both crew members returned through the same docking hatch joining the third crew member, closed the hatch and discarded the orbiter before returning home.
>>
>>8414978
Man, fuck you. Even if he is a retard I think a lot of us would be interested in actually knowing how it works. Can you explain it?
>>
>>8416309
This is cool, and sounds pretty straightforward. The part that seems most amazing to me is how did they sync things up to dock with the command module? Did they just use a timer?
>>
The bit on the bottom gets them down to the surface. The bit on the top gets them back into space.
>>
>>8414973
>Can you guys tell me how the lunar lander worked?

This guy can explain that:

www.google.com
>>
>>8414980
>>8415034
>>8415052
>>8416301
It's to let the astronauts speak to aliens.
>>
>>8416325
Everything was times. Calculations were made by slide rules. Also the Soviet did the same thing, pic. related.

The nice thing about an universe that runs like a clock work is that you can time everything.

And that is why the Apollo 13 work was so fantastic: all the preparations went straight out of the window and the dudes in lab coats had to grease up their slide rulers to complete the calculations before it was too late.

And they delivered the goods.
>>
>>8416351
I want one.

How much did Tom Hanks have to calculate or did he just dial in the numbers and power up the engines?
>>
>>8416351

Will you just LOOK at those gears. And those capacitors. A....and.....and are those transistors too?

Omg I'm gonna need a towel.
>>
>>8416369

He used his fingers anon.
>>
>>8416369
>I want one.
Believe me, I'd like one too!

>How much did Tom Hanks have to calculate or did he just dial in the numbers and power up the engines?
As usual the nitty gritty actual technical details are glossed over during some misplaced love scene.

Also one thing is to calculate but then yo really, really want to make sure you are right. They had a 14 second burn time at a critical point. You therefore have to analyse how much off you would be if you got 13 or 15 seconds. Calculating sensitivity of inputs is also demanding. being born too late I don't know the details.

>>8417354
>transistors too?
Not sure, but I see 4 black blobs in upper left corner that looks like a rectifier bridge constellation. The rest looks like electro-mechanical parts, very little transistors.

The strength of the Soviet design was that they used the simplest solution that did the job and nothing more. That left you with few components that could go wrong. That bought you low cost and reliability.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.