[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So if drinking alcohol helps doing creative things while coffee

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 9

File: 187_1single_cup_of_coffee.jpg (405KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
187_1single_cup_of_coffee.jpg
405KB, 1800x1200px
So if drinking alcohol helps doing creative things while coffee helps while doing perpetual works, what should be consumed more if one were to be an actual scientist?

In fact what is the best diet to help you with what you are doing right now? Not just wether it's coffee or alcohol but also overall nutrition intakes
>>
>>8413935
Exercising is the best thing you can do for your brain
>>
>>8413935
Amphetamine
>>
File: download.jpg (8KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 189x267px
Cocaine.
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg (170KB, 675x559px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u2.jpg
170KB, 675x559px
Ketamine mixed with datura.
>>
File: 1333058230796.jpg (15KB, 441x411px) Image search: [Google]
1333058230796.jpg
15KB, 441x411px
>>8413935
>So if drinking alcohol helps doing creative things
>>
A nice mix of caffeine and nicotine gets me to very nice state of brain chemistry for research. It's equally important to have a nice environment in which to work, though. The occasional acid trip helps me gain new perspectives on things, and alcohol and weed help me unwind on rare occasion, although I prefer playing music or violent video games because they don't induce long-lasting inebriation.
>>
>>8414250
kek
>>
File: alan-turing-running.jpg (246KB, 1600x1007px) Image search: [Google]
alan-turing-running.jpg
246KB, 1600x1007px
>>8413958
This. And with exercising he means cardio sport.
>>
>>8414259
But gains
>>
>>8413935
Soylent.
>>
Combo alcohol and caffeine, always puts me in a good mood and helps me get things done.
>>
Modafinil.
>>
I feel like coffee consumption over a few days makes my visualization of mathematics much more difficult than while not using it. I stopped it for this very reason and all my visualization power returned and I could see graphs and sequences very vividly again.
>>
>>8413935
What you want is something that gets you to reproduce exactly the raw data that you receive perceive, so basically you want something that will make you encode all sorts of information. So the test will be writing down what you have perceived from moment X to Y, ie X is 7 AM and Y is 7 PM of a day Z. When this habit reaches a plateau, you will be able to test substances like nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, methylphenidate, amphetamines, modafinil etc This will also make it possible to test habits like meditation, exercise, mindsets etc

I am Physics undergrad and the way I am living is that I work every single day, I meditate(breath awareness), I smoke ONE rolled natural tobacco in the morning, I take 420 mg of pure caffeine after lunch. I don't think alcohol increases creativity, but I do think it is a potent nootropic and in fact it is considered doping in sports and e-sports, whilst caffeine isn't considered doping. The way to develop self-hacking is basically being motivated to do so, in other words, being day by day unsatisfied with yourself.
>>
>>8415185
Do you take any other drugs?
>>
>>8415329
Nope. But I am schizophrenic so it could just be synesthesia.
>>
>>8415337
My problem is that I feel like an undisciplined cuck when using stimulants.
>>
>>8413935
I did a research project this past summer and caffeine consumption is what got me through the tedious parts. In general it helped me carry my concentration for hours everyday. I enjoyed psychedelics for wringing out my brain every other week. That last part was better for my overall mental health which indirectly affected my work.
>>
I have a done a fair amount of drugs. I don't dring coffee, only alcohol (once a week) and loads of water. I smoke weed maybe once a month to relax and laugh with friends.
>>
>>8414259
how do I acheive Turing mode?
>>
>>8415176
+1
>>
Why did every single post in this thread make me laugh.
>>
>>8415185
Agreed. Caffeine makes me a work horse but I lose that "spark" of the mind.

I swear when I take a week off of caffeine, colors seam more vibrant. Particularly green. When I look at trees or grass they just seem to pop.
>>
Hey /sci/ I don't drink or do drugs, I don't ever drink coffee

But with my increased workload, and need to stay concentrated for long period of time, do you think coffee can help? is it worth it or no?I have begun exercising more and it's been helping me, but i'm curious how much it actually helps coffee

Are there any supplements you recommend that I take too? I take Vitamin C every day
>>
>>8415423
Coffee is disgusting and for plebeians. Tea is okay.
I recommend ground guarana seeds for caffeine.

If you want to stay awake and functional, I recommend cacao beans and kava. Mixed. Start with the cacao, then an hour later drink / eat the kava. Continue with the kava until inebriated. Continue consuming the chocolate until the desired level of stimulation is achieved.

There's an initial dip in mental performance and level of consciousness, but once you pass through this, you'll be capable of staying awake and functional for days. Maintainance just requires occasional intake of chocolate (which appears to do nothing, this is an illusion, it's still serving its purpose), and kava. It's almost uncanny. I've used this to great effect, and it has no impact on cognition, focus, reasoning, or memory. Just be careful not to overdo it on the kava.
>>
>>8413935
don't do drugs, it will ruin your brain

>in b4 'hurrdurr muh lsd'

talking about how acid awakened your mind isn't going to look good on your resume
>>
>>8414250
>A nice mix of caffeine and nicotine gets me to very nice state of brain chemistry for research

no they relieve the withdrawal symtpoms which make you feel shitty as the baseline
>>
File: beercoffee.png (300KB, 750x2297px) Image search: [Google]
beercoffee.png
300KB, 750x2297px
Kek sorry I must've mixed alcohol with beer then
Just happen to know that from the attached infograph so

>>8415434
I drank tea looking for the same effect coffee could give, but mostly it just didn't work as strong as coffee did, even with coffee having the lower amount
>>
>>8413935

ritalin
>>
>>8415440

yeah mate that's why I tried lsd, so I could put it on my fucking cv
>>
>So if drinking alcohol helps doing creative things while coffee helps while doing perpetual works

(not true by the way)
>>
creatine. increase the availability of short term ATP regeneration to the brain for IQ boost.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/
>>
High fat
Good cholesterol
Low carb
Medium protein
HIIT

All my best proofs I got when I was running walking pacing

Drugs only give short term gains

Acid and psilocybin is playing roulette with your brain. They don't give you super powers they only decrease frontal lobe activity. You become unable to know that you have damaged yourself because the drug impairs that ability. The tragic irony of acid users claiming "insight" is actually just them experiencing their own thoughts from a lower iq version of themselves. That's why they think their experience was profound, not because it actually was. Also risking recurring hallucinations and permanent* decrease in frontal lobe activity. Not everyone comes back from a trip. Acid is not alcohol you might not sober up the next day or month or year.
>>
>>8413958
if that was true nerds would be a lot dumber than they are. checkm8
>>
File: yusuf.jpg (98KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
yusuf.jpg
98KB, 480x640px
>>8415635

rather unscientific of you to be making assumptions about the consequences of psychedelics in a field where there a) is very little literature b) you clearly havent looked at the literature that is available.
>>
>>8415635
t. someone who only heard about LSD from fear mongering medias.
>>
>>8414250
spotted the normie
>>
>>8415635
>Acid and psilocybin is playing roulette with your brain. They don't give you super powers they only decrease frontal lobe activity. You become unable to know that you have damaged yourself because the drug impairs that ability. The tragic irony of acid users claiming "insight" is actually just them experiencing their own thoughts from a lower iq version of themselves. That's why they think their experience was profound, not because it actually was. Also risking recurring hallucinations and permanent* decrease in frontal lobe activity. Not everyone comes back from a trip. Acid is not alcohol you might not sober up the next day or month or year.
I've never even done acid but this is stupid as fuck. Stop posting.
>>
File: synecdoche_new_york_ver3.jpg (71KB, 534x755px) Image search: [Google]
synecdoche_new_york_ver3.jpg
71KB, 534x755px
Weed is good for getting a new perspective. Sometimes after hitting a wall on a problem a bit of cannabis suddenly makes it seem so obvious. I'm talking about purely creative/philosophical thoughts here, trying to do actual work on it is a no go.
>>
>>8415635
well you're a gushing vagina
>>
>>8415443
I dunno, I feel pretty damn great most of the time. Yesterday I rated my contentedness at a full 10/10, one of the only times. Granted, I was mathgasming, but the substances fueled my study session.

>>8415893
Haha, okay. Keep your eyes on your normie detector, I will be over here learning glorious mathematics.
>>
>>8416102
Kek okay, not that guy, but what is "glorious mathematics?"
>Protip: algebraic topology
>>
>>8416107
Higher categories, homotopy theory (including algebraic topology), and some of the categorical constructions generalizing out of differential geometry (general Chern-Weil theory, et cetera).
>>
>>8416109
what happened to hodology?
>>
Krokodil if you don't care about losing your skin.
>>
>>8416113
I put it on firm footing and found how it fits in the grand scheme of things (well, for the most part; it forms a cohesive topos over sets, and I want to see if there is some site of definition for it), but it's sort of too analytic for my taste. I haven't encountered any problems or questions where it has come up, so it's just a tool in my toolbox for now. It would be cool to find the site to be something really structurally simple, and then see if sheaves over comparable sites inherit a notion of distance in the same way. If I can pin down the passage from local structure to distance comparison, then it could help bridge the gap making analysis so challenging to talk about categorically.
>>
>>8416124
Oh, also, it would be nice to find a way to translate inductive definitions of spaces into results about their homotopy types. For instance, n-spheres admit a super simple inductive definition in terms of hodological spaces: the discrete space on two points is simple to construct, and then the n-sphere is the unique space (modulo hodology) with the property that the space of equidistant points from any two distinct points is an (n-1)-sphere.
>>
>>8416131
Oh my! I think I realized what the site is. It's just the frame of opens on the Sierpinski space! What is interesting is that, regardless of what set you choose, the frame of opens on the corresponding codiscrete space is always the same. Because of this, you geometrically can't tell the difference between two infinitesimal neighborhoods (in my theory they are called locations). It seems entirely possible to translate things into a distance comparator! This is really cool. I wonder if anyone has worked on this topos, because it seems interesting; the local pieces are just infinitesimal neighborhoods. The distance between points must only be determined by the "weight" of each location on some "canonical" path between them. In this sense, distance is something like the global version of point density. I am willing to bet there is a universal distance comparator that only relies on the distribution associated to a space, analogous to how we can extract the Haar measure universally from a group action.
>>
>>8414093
Fuck man. You will be doing some serious science after that.
>>
>>8413935
>So if drinking alcohol helps doing creative things
>while coffee helps while doing perpetual works
Take your psuedo-science back to /r/science right now faggot.
>>
LSD or 2C-E microdose.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.