[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time to settle the age old question of who is the most intelligent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: 1475725393778.jpg (174KB, 1000x929px) Image search: [Google]
1475725393778.jpg
174KB, 1000x929px
Time to settle the age old question of who is the most intelligent person on this board.

I'll start.

In 7th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.
An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.9th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.
My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 15, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.
I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only seven or eight years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).
I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is. (cont.)
>>
>>8412882 cont.
Psychology, I actually understand better than people with degrees. Unlike engineering, there's no aspect of psychology which I don't have a very good understanding of. I can debunk many of even Sigmund Freud's theories.
I'm a good enough writer that I'm writing a book and so far everybody who's read any of it has said it was really good and plausible to expect to have published. And that's not just, like, me and family members, that counts strangers on the Internet. I've heard zero negative appraisal of it so far; people have critiqued it, but not insulted it.
I don't know if that will suffice as evidence that I'm intelligent. I'm done with it, though, because I'd rather defend my maturity, since it's what you've spent the most time attacking. The following are some examples of my morals and ethical code.
I believe firmly that everybody deserves a future. If we were to capture Hitler at the end of WWII, I would be against executing him. In fact, if we had any way of rehabilitating him and knowing that he wasn't just faking it, I'd even support the concept of letting him go free. This is essentially because I think that whoever you are in the present is a separate entity from who you were in the past and who you are in the future, and while your present self should take responsibility for your past self's actions, it shouldn't be punished for them simply for the sake of punishment, especially if the present self regrets the actions of the past self and feels genuine guilt about them.
I don't believe in judgement of people based on their personal choices as long as those personal choices aren't harming others.I don't have any issue with any type of sexuality whatsoever (short of physically acting out necrophilia, pedophilia, or other acts which have a harmful affect on others - but I don't care what a person's fantasies consist of, as long as they recognize the difference between reality and fiction and can separate them). (cont)
>>
In 6th grade, I took an SAT test without preparing for it at all, it was spur-of-the-moment, I knew about it about half an hour ahead of time and didn't do any research or anything. I scored higher on it than the average person using it to apply for college in my area.
An IQ test has shown me to be in the 99.99th percentile for IQ. This is the highest result the test I was given reaches; anything further and they'd consider it to be within the margin of error for that test.
My mother's boyfriend of 8 years is an aerospace engineer who graduated Virginia Tech. At the age of 14, I understand physics better than him, and I owe very little of it to him, as he would rarely give me a decent explanation of anything, just tell me that my ideas were wrong and become aggravated with me for not quite understanding thermodynamics. He's not particularly successful as an engineer, but I've met lots of other engineers who aren't as good as me at physics, so I'm guessing that's not just a result of him being bad at it.
I'm also pretty good at engineering. I don't have a degree, and other than physics I don't have a better understanding of any aspect of engineering than any actual engineer, but I have lots of ingenuity for inventing new things. For example, I independently invented regenerative brakes before finding out what they were, and I was only six or seven years old when I started inventing wireless electricity solutions (my first idea being to use a powerful infrared laser to transmit energy; admittedly not the best plan).
I have independently thought of basically every branch of philosophy I've come across. Every question of existentialism which I've seen discussed in SMBC or xkcd or Reddit or anywhere else, the thoughts haven't been new to me. Philosophy has pretty much gotten trivial for me; I've considered taking a philosophy course just to see how easy it is.

I win.
>>
>>8412882
>>8412890
>>8412891

>ITT: autistic lying faggot with a bait thread
Ignore it, guys.
>>
>>8412890 cont.
I don't have any issue with anybody over what type of music they listen to, or clothes they wear, etc. I know that's not really an impressive moral, but it's unfortunately rare; a great many people, especially those my age, are judgmental about these things.
I love everyone, even people I hate. I wish my worst enemies good fortune and happiness. Rick Perry is a vile, piece of shit human being, deserving of zero respect, but I wish for him to change for the better and live the best life possible. I wish this for everyone.
I'm pretty much a pacifist. I've taken a broken nose without fighting back or seeking retribution, because the guy stopped punching after that. The only time I'll fight back is if 1) the person attacking me shows no signs of stopping and 2) if I don't attack, I'll come out worse than the other person will if I do. In other words, if fighting someone is going to end up being more harmful to them than just letting them go will be to me, I don't fight back. I've therefore never had a reason to fight back against anyone in anything serious, because my ability to take pain has so far made it so that I'm never in a situation where I'll be worse off after a fight. If I'm not going to get any hospitalizing injuries, I really don't care.
The only exception is if someone is going after my life. Even then, I'll do the minimum amount of harm to them that I possibly can in protecting myself. If someone points a gun at me and I can get out of it without harming them, I'd prefer to do that over killing them.
I consider myself a feminist. I don't believe in enforced or uniform gender roles; they may happen naturally, but they should never be coerced into happening unnaturally. As in, the societal pressure for gender roles should really go, even if it'll turn out that the majority of relationships continue operating the same way of their own accord. (cont.)
>>
>>8412894 cont.
I treat women with the same outlook I treat men, and never participate in the old Reddit "women are crazy" circlejerk, because there are multiple women out there and each have different personalities just like there are multiple men out there and each with different personalities. I don't think you do much of anything except scare off the awesome women out there by going on and on about the ones who aren't awesome.
That doesn't mean I look for places to victimize women, I just don't believe it's fair to make generalizations such as the one about women acting like everything's OK when it's really not (and that's a particularly harsh example, because all humans do that).
I'm kind of tired of citing these examples and I'm guessing you're getting tired of reading them, if you've even made it this far. In closing, the people who know me in real life all respect me, as do a great many people in the Reddit brony community, where I spend most of my time and where I'm pretty known for being helpful around the community. A lot of people in my segment of the community are depressed or going through hard times, and I spend a lot of time giving advice and support to people there. Yesterday someone quoted a case of me doing this in a post asking everyone what their favorite motivational/inspirational quote was, and that comment was second to the top, so I guess other people agreed (though, granted, it was a pretty low-traffic post, only about a dozen competing comments).
And, uh, I'm a pretty good moderator.

So what do you think, now that you at least slightly know me?
>>
>>8412882
GTFO! 4chan is for dumb people
ps. You sound almost exactly like my older brother.
>>
>>8412882
you sound like an unpleasant person to know
>>
Copypasta.
I've seen this before here.
>>
>>8412908
>>8412903
Guys, it's pasta, and it's not even that old.

Fucking newfags.
>>
>>8412903
>>8412908
It's the Reddit kid pasta.
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking type about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at MIT, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids with Anonymous, and I have over 300 confirmed DDoSes. I am trained in online trolling and I’m the top hacker in the entire world. You are nothing to me but just another virus host. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on the Internet, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with typing that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we chat over IRC I am tracing your IP with my damn bare hands so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your computer. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can hack into your files in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in hacking, but I have access to the entire arsenal of every piece of malware ever created and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the world wide web, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking fingers. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit code all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
File: tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0py6hwRq41tiomd9o1_500.jpg
30KB, 450x450px
>>8412882
This has to be the cringe threads of /sci/
>>
File: AbBIdetE copy.png (251KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
AbBIdetE copy.png
251KB, 512x512px
Everybody knows Yucky.
>>
>>8412882

Well, it's clearly not you, because you started a thread about how smart you are. A really intelligent person would be intelligent enough to realize how very, very, very little he knows.

From your rambling OP post, I'd say you're either medically autistic, or on some sort of stimulant. (If it's the latter, please stay away from drugs.)
>>
Everyone knows Anonymous is the most intelligent person on /sci/.

OP is just some validation-seeking faggot.
>>
My penis was ten inches long when I was born, and as I grew older it expanded proportionally to the cube of my age. It's so long and thick that I literally have to use mirrors to see around it and look at my computer screen.
>>
>>8412882
this meme is so boring. go back to r9k
>>
>>8412893
I didn't give you permission to reply to me. Listen, it was entertaining, first. Hell, it was actually funny.

But now I'm getting the feeling that you actually think that you're on my level. From the day I was born, I was destined for success, you little shit. I was brought into this world by a software engineer and and a prominent actuary, both of Norwegian descent. From the moment that the fucking curtains were raised, I was set to dominate the STEM fields. And because I had guardians that actually cared about me, I flourished. Pretty soon, I was placed into a special school of correspondence, specifically I.M Gelfand's school for gifted children in New England. I not only reached my parents' expectations, but I passed them with flying colors. I had raw talent. I was fucking better. I was surrounded by 6th graders, many from Hong Kong, who were smarter than half the posters in this fucking thread. And now, where am I?

In MIT, getting my double BS in Electrical Engineering and Physics, with a Stanford-Binet tested IQ of 147 at age 17.

Get this through your head: you are nothing. I am worth more than your entire goddamn family. I'm smarter than you, better looking than you, taller than you, wealthier than you, and more employable than you. While you type out another post to get cheap laughs, I'll be simultaneously working with the brightest minds in the world and fornicating with my beautiful girlfriend. It gets on my nerves when people pretend to be better than me.

Know your place, you fucking vermin. Never, ever reply to my posts, again.
>>
I'm probably the only person to have a paper published in Reviews of Modern Physics and have written 2 highly regarded Text Books on my fields that are used in Graduate level courses across the world.

Have fun fighting over scraps you plebs.

Btw my IQ is ~120 lol
>>
I'm the only one on this board to have realized that academia is a waste of time. Now I whittle my remaining life away day by day with vidya and waifus. Get on my level, plebs.
>>
I solved Einstein's problem at age of 11
>>
I focus on meditation, working towards inner-purification of, and mastery of the mind.

A permanent cessation of suffering and realization of the absolute nature of reality is the goal. Logically speaking, intelligence (or I should say, the illusion of) means squat if you can't handle all apparent permutations of unfortunate circumstance without incurring a sense of loss.
>>
File: IMG_4674.jpg (49KB, 308x475px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4674.jpg
49KB, 308x475px
I read this book in 5th grade.
>>
>>8412882
i dunno if you're trolling or a legit asspie but, your perspective sucks and couldnt be more limited if you tried and your understanding of philosophy is like a 3rd grader memorizing times tables and declaring that mathematics is 'trivial' to him.
>>
>>8416083
>tfw I never memorized my multiplication tables
>>
>>8416228
>tfw you have synaesthesia so you don't have to
Neurotypical plebs
>>
>>8415918
>Text Books
>120 IQ
checks out
>>
>>8415892
yeah but you're also kind of a dick

Now go do great things
>>
>>8412882
>claims to be the most ichiban person on /sci/
>doesn't even have a trip
>>
I dropped out of high school, started my own business, have zero debt of any kind yet own 3 vehicles 45 acres of land, & three houses, retired at 32yo (because why not) and have been shitposting on 4chan since 2004.

>thinking your diploma for the mandatory, underwater, basket weaving classes at the local tuition farm means anything at all
>>
>>8415892
Don't you ever, EVER respond to my thread again unless you're going to say something constructive. I have had it up to here with you jackasses ruining this board because of what you think are "smart" and "funny" comments, when you're really trying to hide your insecurities by belittling someone on the Internet. Why? What do you gain from it? Don't you realize that the posts you respond to have REAL people behind them? Real people that don't deserve the bullshit you think is acceptable to throw in their faces? Did your parents not teach you any decency or basic manners? Whatever the case, it ends NOW. It's time you brats learned a thing or two about respect. If I catch you pulling this sort of shit again, believe me, there will be hell to pay.
>>
So I've read through your ramblings and what I've concluded is that you are a typical pseudo-intellectual redittor.
>>>reddit.com/r/atheism
>>
>>8416435
I like how you put shitposting in there like if it's a big accomplishment
>>
>>8412882
Part 1

I was rigourously tested for 6 days once, and two days twice by forensic psychiatrists assigned by the court to determine if I had any mental defect. Turns out my I.Q. (at age 24) was 163.

How do I think?

I am a cook in a restaurant. Every day, I come in with a new hypothetical scenario for my workmates. One of my favourite questions yielded an answer applicable here. The question was “If you could have any superpower, what would it be?” The best answer was “The ability to stop time for everyone else, but not for me.” The worst was “To be the most brilliant genius of all time,” which I immediately countered…..

Everyone in the restaurant knows I'm a genius. Nobody cares. I don't ever discuss the actual number involved, as it would only create problems. They just know that I can discuss Julius Caesar conquering Gaul, the Meiji restoration, the detailed intricacies of baseball, chromosomal abnormalities, Orthodox Saints, the refining process of oil, volcanic interaction with subduction zones, the chemical composition of 440 carbon steel, the manufacturing process of porcelain, etc. You get the idea. (I'm giving an honest answer here)

When I ask a question, I receive condescension from my peers, and literally watch them gloat over them “knowing something” I don't. When I have an answer, it is weighed less than anyone else's. When I have a suggestion, it is resisted always until or unless circumstances obviate it's acquirement. When I need an item in stock, my asking creates resentment….even to people standing around when I'm working.

They discuss their personal lives, and don't ask about mine. They make post-work plans and never include me…not once. They ask each other questions that they know I can fully answer just so they don't have to hear me give another explanation.
>>
>>8417058
Part 2
The owner has told me I shouldn't work there. He asked me what else I could do for a job while on parole in which I may use my mind. Everyone else's jokes are funny to him, mine are not.

I made the mistake when starting to work there of discussing subjects I found interesting when I pondered them. No one wants to discuss the ramifications of “Operation Zitadel” and the transmission difficulties of the Tiger tank versus the manufacturing simplicity of the Soviet tanks in 1943….during a dinner rush.

I see solutions everywhere. I also see people highly resistant to change even when they agree with the solution.

I see fraudulence everywhere. I see people who are deeply, deeply in love with a façade they project which brings them power in some aspect.

I see mind numbing ignorance everywhere. I see people who don't even know enough to know that they don't know enough about a subject, yet hold firm on opinions and ideas even well after it has been established that they don't know enough to have a substantiated opinion.

I see deception everywhere. I see people using statistics and obscure scientific articles to bolster the opinion which brings them power in a conversation…regardless of contrary data.

I see hopelessness everywhere. I see people clinging so violently to a hope (either an opinion or an idea) which brings their life into relevance, that even broaching another possibility is perceived as an attempt to invalidate their entire worth as a human being.

I see totalitarianism everywhere. I see people so wildly bent upon demanding others accept and even celebrate whatever they do in the name of tolerance, that even only tolerating it is seen as bigoted hatred worthy of being intolerant towards.
>>
>>8417060
Part 3

I see feelings attaining primacy of consideration. I see that the individual's emotional construct within his or her psyche regarding the significance of their own emotional response to any given stimulus being of such import as to render truth or untruth to the subject matter irrelevant.

I see the purposeful invention of conflict. I see people individually and en masse actually seeking aspects of others with which to choose to take offence, then creating a massive smear campaign to besmirch the very character of a person based upon a perceived slight.

I see lunacy taking over. Aspects of social behaviour which would have been roundly mocked and wholly rejected by all of our ancestors for all time have now not only a place at the table, but are dictating the course of requisites for social behaviour for all others.

To this woman who said she wanted supernatural intelligence, I said one thing…..”Do you remember second grade?” She affirmed she did. I finished, “Imagine that you, as you are now, return to second grade. The conversations you hear, the behaviour you see, the lessons you are taught, the ideas expressed are all that of second graders. The next year, you go through it again. Then again. Then again. Over and over and over. With the same students who will not or cannot advance any further. That would be your life.”

So, how do I think?

More quickly, more accurately, connecting more dots, with more understanding, seeing more and being seen less than anyone around me.

And with great, great patience.

By the way, an I.Q. of 163 is worthless, even detrimental to the person who doesn't have the wisdom to use it correctly, the discipline to use it aptly, or the morals to use it gently. Personality, discipline and wisdom beat the crap out of an I.Q. of 163…..or haven't you wondered why I was being so thoroughly tested by a State court?
>>
>>8417061
Part 4 (last)

Socially….exceedingly lonely and have been my entire life. Virtually always misunderstood, virtually always see through the façade I'm presented with from someone else….and virtually always borne out as correct over time.

Intellectually…..nothing I've ever tried has ever been too difficult to learn.

Practically…..I see solutions where other people only see things that don't need to be changed.

Everyday interactions…..well, I could best sum it up by saying that I see the façades, I know what they are suffering from to make themselves feel important, and what they actually are as a result. Very, very depressing. No kidding.
>>
>>8417063

I'm more inclined to believe that you're suffering from delusions that you have allowed to manifest as a means of escape from reality. I've met individuals with IQs as high as the one you claim: your relative lack grace and wit are both frankly insufficient for me to conclude that you're telling the truth.
>>
File: 11-1.jpg (33KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
11-1.jpg
33KB, 400x360px
>>8412890
I also have a good history, but I find little pleasure in seeking approval from other humans on an anonymous message board.

>because I think that whoever you are in the present is a separate entity from who you were in the past and who you are in the future, and while your present self whould take responsibility for your past's actions...

I'm a utilitarian. I agree with what you say here in that there is no "self" which is preserved over time, the brain and body still remains awfully similar over the course of time.
The goal is ultimately to maximize the utility or good. In this case, killing Hitler would be the most likely outcome to maximize utility for the rest of the world.
>>
I'm voting against Donald Dump, instead giving my vote to Secretary Clinton. You can't get smarter than that.
>>
>>8412893
>>8412903
>>8412908
>>8414181
>>8415166

ITT: People who don't know what copy pasta is
>>
>>8412882
In this moment I am euphoric, not because of some phony god, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence.
>>
English is my 5th language. I scored 800 on critical reading on my first attempt.

I have always been good at mathematics. I goofed in all of my classes and I've still maintained a perfect result throughout high school and now college.

Many IQ tests have placed me in the 140-145 region, and my SAT score which is 3 std devs above the average agrees with them.

I've published research at the age of 13, and I have received many monetary awards because of my knowledge and intelligence.

I hope one day, we will utilize eugenics as a legitimate population improvement technique. From my perspective though, its absence is fortuitous as most plebs will never be on my level, let alone above it.
>>
File: IMG_3507.gif (15KB, 200x225px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3507.gif
15KB, 200x225px
>>8417457
Yes you're very smart goy
>>
This is some excellent b8 :^)
>>
>>8412882
This Wojack pic gets worse and worse
>>
File: 1476755323901.png (1MB, 1188x1736px) Image search: [Google]
1476755323901.png
1MB, 1188x1736px
>>8418078
>>
>>8416074
I loved animorphs. Fun series. Not a big fan of the show though I did't see many episodes.
>>
>>8412882
Omg this is the epitome of /sci/. Keep posting you beautiful son of a bitch, not even mad.
>>
>>8417958
this

/thread
>>
wait do people not realize this pasta is like five years old?
>>
>>8417063
Honestly, my life is not too far off from this.

I enjoyed the read, copypasta or otherwise
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.