[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your career /sc/entists ? Wich field of science have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 541365374.png (237KB, 754x403px) Image search: [Google]
541365374.png
237KB, 754x403px
What's your career /sc/entists ? Wich field of science have you choosen and why? Also, have you done one or two years in another discipline before your final choice ? Sorry for my poor english.
>>
>>8401719
I'm studying mathematics and specializing myself in computational mathematics, following the steps of Papa Wildberger.

I chose mathematics because my passion is taking any real world problem and turning it into a solvable mathematics problem and group theory, graph theory and game theory have my fucking back on this.

I would never EVEN THINK of wasting my time in an inferior field. Mathematics for life.
>>
>>8401733
why do you think that other fields are inferior ?
>>
>>8401743
Other fields are just applications of mathematics. Mathematics is at the top of a long hierarchy of fields and everything mathematicians do end up slowly trickling down to the fields below it.

But in the end if it was a matter of perspective. Do you want to be the master of the universe? Then you study mathematics. Are you fine with being just the master of the galaxy? Then you do you and study physics. Maybe you want to be the master of the solar system, so you study chemistry. You may also want to be the master of the earth, so you study biology. Maybe you want to be the master of only society, so you study psychology. Or perhaps you want to be the master of nothing and be a waste of oxygen, so you study sociology.
>>
>>8401748
Your'e right for the ranking of fields. Just for the place of physic in the ranking, all the debate is to know if the law of mathematics are the universe, of are exteriors of it. Also, you suppose here that the universe is governed by the mathematics, we are'nt even sure of it. (but currently it seems to be the case).
>>
this has to be a bait thread. Nobody actually thinks like this, r-right?
>>
>>8401765
Explain you, currently you just seems narrowminded
>>
File: JDqff.png (457KB, 1207x645px) Image search: [Google]
JDqff.png
457KB, 1207x645px
>>8401719

more or less pic related
>>
>>8401719
>Social sciences
Aaaaaaand dropped.
>>
>>8401719
I'm confused where I sit...
I'm statistics, medicine, neuroscience, psychiatry, physics, materials science and computer vision.
>>
>>8401789
that makes a lot
>>
>>8401748
you're adorable
>>
>>8401748
>Be gender studies
>Be master of complains
>>
>>8401719
you think statistics is a social science!!!?
ABSOLUTE MAD MAN
>>
>>8401799
Thank you but you ain't getting NONE of this boipussy, boi.
>>
am not
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.