[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>hurrdurr science says depression is just imbalance of neurotransmitters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: 1469601365306.jpg (88KB, 900x877px) Image search: [Google]
1469601365306.jpg
88KB, 900x877px
>hurrdurr science says depression is just imbalance of neurotransmitters
>take antidepressants for almost 2 years
>still want to kill myself

Why did you lie to me, /sci/? Pills alone can't cure the soul.
>>
>>8399953
Learn the numbers
>>
>>8399953
Depression is 99% behavioral. Try going outside and exercising more.
>>
>>8399961
Numbers are for plebs. I study math so I can operate on layers more abstract than numbers.

>>8399970
Been there, done this. Nothing changed.
>>
>>8399973
>these replies
well, then obviously you'd better just off yourself
>>
>>8399953
Dumbass, you are supposed to get daily exercise to prevent depression.
Now that you are depressed, it is irreversible, so you might as well kill yourself.
>>
File: 1421361280259.jpg (227KB, 615x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1421361280259.jpg
227KB, 615x1000px
>>8399953
Have you tried finding Christ
>>
>>8399973
You sound negative. Why not try being more positive?
>>
>>8400025
This man knows what he's talking about
>>
>>8400025
This tbqh family. Stop being such a Debbie Downer, lol
>>
>>8400025
I concurr, doctor. He needs to lose some electrons.
>>
I got into drugs and they made me happy for a while. Then I became a Zen Buddhist and gave up the drugs. Now I am enlightened and I don't even know why anyone could be depressed. Are you like attached to some shit or something?
>>
>>8399953
So do it, faggot. At least then you won't be able to shit up this board any longer.
>>
>>8400025
This is literally all you need to do.
>>
>>8400011
This OP

Once you open your heart to the lord and accept jesus christ, you will be happy. God loves you
>>
>>8400025
>>8400036

Show us how to be positive then.
Enough platitudes and vague commandments without any explanation of how.
>>
>>8400040
You just need to accept jesus as your lord and savior aswell as pray 5 times a day.
>>
File: schopen pringles.jpg (50KB, 400x534px) Image search: [Google]
schopen pringles.jpg
50KB, 400x534px
>>8400040
optimism is a delusion
face each and every blow of fate until death starts to seem as a relief
>>
>>8400045

Do I have to face Vatican while in prayer?
>>
>>8400052
It helps, but what is most important is that you pray 5 times a day
>>
>>8400054
What if I pray 6?
>>
>>8400054

How do I pray?
What specifically do I have to see, hear and feel?
>>
>>8400056
Praying 6 is even better

>>8400057
You can pray any way you prefer. What is most important is that you clear your mind and feel a warmth wrap around your body.
>>
>>8400058

>You can pray any way you prefer.

I do not know any.
Can you offer any examples?
>>
>>8400063
You can bow down or kneel.
>>
>>8400072

What do I do in my mind?
What do I say?
What do I visualize?
>>
>>8399953
Society lied to you. Now that you understand this on a rudimentary level, do your part to ensure we continue to grow out of such infantile, delusional, magical thinking. It was disingenuously seeded, deliberately, to begin with. Lot of money to be made on social feedback loops that potentiate people not understanding their own state changes.

There's a lot of other cultural stuff that plays in, but that's at the core.
>>
>>8400076
You must clear your mind
You must not say anything
Visualize a big empty space, and allow god to grasp you.
>>
>>8399953
Get sum meditation up in dat brain, bro.
>>
>>8400082
Will God grasp me sexually?
>>
Here are some websites

http://www.christianitytoday.com/
www.christianity.com/
www.crosswalk.com/
www.charismanews.com/opinion/43192-seven-things-that-prove-god-is-real
www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html
www.godisreal.today/proof-god-exists/
>>
File: rubber_duck.jpg (29KB, 800x765px) Image search: [Google]
rubber_duck.jpg
29KB, 800x765px
>>8399953
Fuck off, and take your shitty thread with you, you giant goddamn faggot.

There is no point in seeking advice if you're going to shut all of it down with shit like "lol, you just don't understand, bro! You haven't been TRULY depressed!" So fuck off. I know I've personally decided that I'm tired of you edgy depressed faggots, so I no longer attempt to give them advice. A few people have killed themselves because of this decision, but ultimately it's not my fault because they never would have listened to anything I say anyway.

KYS.
>>
>>8399976
Pretty much, it's the suicide terminator gene and runs in many families including my own. It survives natural selection because of its built in altruism, being gone is better than being a burden and we should encourage the proliferation of this gene. OP needs to go make babies or die, there are no other choices. A pseudo solution is to buy hookers I guess, it tricks the gene into thinking you are procreating.
>>
>>8400063
In song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1fAgh1XAjs
>>
Exercise
Diet
Sleep

It truly amazes me that SSRIs are prescribed before any of the following are taken care of.
>>
>>8399953
uh-um, let me guess
>it's basement dweller whose only pastimes are animay and vidya who feels depressed episode
>>
>>8400156
What a load of delusional bullshit.
>>
>>8399973
Working out for a week on a bike doesn't count. Try lifting weights.
>>
>>8399953
take something that is actually good for depression
like adderall
>>
>>8400344
>amphetamines
>doing shit for depression
Ignore this depressed idiot that hasn't yet seen through the illusion.
>>
>>8400359
i intravenously inject imaginary adderall into my bloodstream every day and pretend it helps but nothing numbs the pain please kill me
>>
A lot of time depression arises from not being where you think you ought to be, or not getting the recognition you think you ought to be getting. Push yourself a little more, and you'll realise why you're not getting this, and what you can do about it.
>>
>>8400384
>no gf
>no friends
>no woman on earth wants a guy that has no friends
>no motivation to work on things because I feel bad in general
it's like some people are doomed to endless torment the day they were born
>>
>>8400397
Well, you've achieved the first step. You've realised you need to improve yourself. So why aren't you trying to do that
>>
>>8400408
because i cant get drugs that make me productive without a prescription
>>
>>8400424
>i need to take some magic pill that will solve my problems

No you don't. You're not going to become to most productive person overnight, but you need to start just TRYING. How can you sit there and moan about being depressed when you're not even TRYING to fix it? You deserve to be miserable.
>>
>>8400429
DUDE
>>
you're just a giant faggot. try being positive for once and stick with it. otherwise you might as well kill yourself since no one here has the answers you want to hear.
>>
>>8399953
Litsen to Roger
https://youtu.be/n0v0jUeFGQ0
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.