[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /sci/ think about these questions? https://gowers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

What does /sci/ think about these questions?

https://gowers.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/how-should-mathematics-be-taught-to-non-mathematicians/

>A political blog gets so many comments that good comments are often drowned out by a sea of stupid ones. To combat this, the owners of the blog decide to introduce a reputation system, so that comments by people who have a good record of being interesting appear at the top of the list. What would be a good way of doing this?

> A scientist decides to test the effect of coca cola on telepathic powers. He tosses a coin 20 times and records the results. He then takes 100 people and asks them to guess what the results were by writing out a sequence such as HTTHTTTHHTHTHTHHHTTH. As an incentive, he promises a prize of £100 to the person whose guess is closest to the actual sequence. He then picks the ten people who have done best, gets them all to drink a can of coca cola, and retests them with another sequence of 20 coin tosses. To his surprise, he finds that they do considerably worse the second time. Does this demonstrate that coca cola inhibits telepathic powers?
>>
>>8399647
In your pic related, i think all drug crime convicts should just be killt. Why do we even want these guys measing their brains up not being productive members of society. Same for alcohol crimes. What a waste of air...
>>
>>8400113
>In your pic related, i think all drug crime convicts should just be killt. Why do we even want these guys measing their brains up not being productive members of society. Same for alcohol crimes. What a waste of air...

This tbqh. I hate smokers. I really wish we could just execute them on the stop. I have actually fantasized about killing them myself.

I've thought about neat laws. Like, it should be completely legal to murder a smoker.

This law, even thought it sounds bad, is completely moral because if people didn't want to die, they coud just stop smoking. As easy as that.

We need a new drug war but an actual drug war against all smokers.

Other drug addicts are fine. Smokers are the only people who reaaaally deserve to die.
>>
>>8400113
>>8400125
>2017 - 1
>wanting to put restrictions on what adults do with their bodies voluntarily without harming anyone else
>>
>>8400131
>>wanting to put restrictions on what adults do with their bodies voluntarily without harming anyone else

I don't want to put restrictions. They can smoke all they want.

I just want to kill them.
>>
>>8400139
>I just want to kill them.
>>
>>8400113
go to thailand then.
>>
>>8400131
>1 + 2016 AD
>believing that your retarded decisions exist in a bubble
>>
>>8400113
The whole world wants you to kill yourself. Do. You might hear in the hallways, or when you enter a room, but they wont tell you, just everyone around you, dont worry tho. Noone will miss you
>>
>>8400113
Do you drink coffee? You use electricity? You ever went to a psychiatrist? Then stfu. Drugs has done more for this world then you ever will.
>>
>>8400113
Rodrigo please go.
>>
>>8399647
>Does this demonstrate that coca cola inhibits telepathic powers?
Ya it floor-dates your penile gland
>>
>>8401058
>1512±(34%)
>not understanding your decision to affect someone else also affects someone else
>>
>>8399647
Obviously not, picking the 10 people who got closest to the actual sequence the first time (out of 100) and then testing them again proves nothing, because you are comparing cherry picked experimental results to normal experimental results.
>>
If anyone actually believes that huge numbers of people are put in prison for drugs then they are a fucking idiot

9 times out of 10 they are being arrested for drugs but guilty of tons of other shit that would be impossible/too difficult to prove

The other 1 out of 10 they have huge quantities of drugs because they are dealers
>>
>>8400131
>without harming anyone else
You have failed at basic logic. Kys
>>
File: home-alan.jpg (27KB, 293x440px) Image search: [Google]
home-alan.jpg
27KB, 293x440px
>>8400113
>killt
>>
These are interesting questions but Gowers is a smart guy who probably overestimates the difficulty of school maths. School curriuluca are already filled with shit so adding brainteasers and teaching maths to a worthwhile level probably can't fit.

Also education talk in the UK is usually a disingenuous way to talk about indoctrination. It's why every public discussion about education usually becomes ideological dick waving about the history or English literature curricula
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.