[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there scientific dollar amount where you see no difference

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: 1459904315924.jpg (53KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1459904315924.jpg
53KB, 480x480px
Is there scientific dollar amount where you see no difference in happiness? do people with 200 million feel jealous of someone with 2 billion? does someone with 2 billion feel jealous of someone with 20 billion? when does it end
>>
It ends when my dick is in ur mouth. My dick makes everyone happy :))
>>
>do people with 200 million feel jealous of someone with 2 billion? does someone with 2 billion feel jealous of someone with 20 billion?
They probably feel envious, yes. I don't think you make a few hundred mil without caring about the process of making money even if the happiness gained from what the money can give you is minimal.
>>
>>8399084
Studies have been done. Happiness increases with income until you hit 70K US a year, then it plateaus and doesnt change
>>
>>8399096
sauce?

I believe it, but im curious to see the research.
>>
>>8399096
nvm thx senpai

https://www.princeton.edu/~deaton/downloads/deaton_kahneman_high_income_improves_evaluation_August2010.pdf
>>
>>8399084
IIRC something like $40k pa
>>
>>8399115
Sorry £40k, which was, in the heady days of economic stability, about equal to this >>8399096
>>
If you have a few million dollarshares. You fly first class. Hundreds of millions and you own a small private jet. Billions and you have an airliner, like Trump.

First class is nice, but you still have to deal with most of the negatives of flying commercial. The private jet eliminates most of the negatives. Though it is small. A private airliner and you have a flying home. Shower, kitchen, real beds, etc.
>>
>>8399123
Wait so if trump is a billionaire, how rich are the clintons?
>>
>>8399189
according to google trump is worth 3.7 bill and hillary is 31 mill
>>
>>8399189
As a rule, politicians are never worth more than they're paid off.
It's why the argument that Trump "can't be bought" seems so solid.
>>
>>8399096
this. basically enough money to be comfy and take a nice vacation once a year.
>>
>>8399211
> never worth more than they're paid off.
complete bullshit

Who says he legitimately is worth that much? What if it meant he could grab pussy without repercussions?
>>
>>8399084
An individuals dreams and needs determine the amount of wealth they require for "optimum happiness".
>>
>>8399211
>It's why the argument that Trump "can't be bought" seems so solid.
were you not paying attention when he won the nomination and started soliciting Republican donors for the general election, saying he'd only self fund for the primaries?

you drank the cool aid kiddo.
>>
>>8399189
Trump is worth 4-10 billion depending how he is under or over valuing his properties.

The Clintons are worth about $250 million. Most of that is from paid speeches given to banks and powerful multinational corporations. Where they told the rich and powerful their dreams for taking america's guns, unrestricted and easy immigration, and an EU like organization for the American continents.
>>
>>8399211
Trump is a whole different story, very likely he has connections to cia. Evidence is he repeatedly had issues with soviets through cold war (which is allowed not to many); there is no apparent military/political organization behind him (which is also very unusual); and he claims his independence which is kind of a trade mark for cia ;) So you know what this means
>>
>>8399084
after you hit upper middle class unless you are a certain type of person happiness from money plateaus
>>
>>8399089
I guess that makes sense, if your dick is sufficently small to bind to my dopamine receptors.
>>
File: 1474718459282.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474718459282.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>>8399096
>make $80k
>want to kill myself every day
Well shit.
>>
>>8399270
>spending your own money when you could spend someone else's money instead
Stay poor, kiddo
>>
>>8399084
yes it has been mathematically proven to be 10000000000000000000000000 trillion zimbabwe dollars.
>>
>>8399096
70k a year?

lol, that's a shit study, and you must not be from the US

70k is for broke bois
>>
>>8399096
thats fucking ridiculous, i make more than that and i would be way fucking happier with even more
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.