[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>5 years ago >in highschool physics, 15 years old >teacher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: feel guns hanging.jpg (59KB, 788x720px) Image search: [Google]
feel guns hanging.jpg
59KB, 788x720px
>5 years ago
>in highschool physics, 15 years old
>teacher gives us our test
>I use basic calculus to answer the questions instead of using the kinematic equations and derive a basic lagrangian for one of the questions
>"you can't do dat!! show your work the right way!!!" question marked wrong, failed test

Why is our educational system so shit??
>>
>>8398822
https://www.tke.org/files/file/The_48_Laws_of_Power.pdf
>>
I did something similar once, although kind of fhe opposite in thqt I reverted to simpler math. I used Euclidean geometry to solve a problem that was supposed to require calculus. Not only did I get credit, tbe teacher praised me for coming up with a more intuitive solution.
>>
File: WOW.jpg (55KB, 604x624px) Image search: [Google]
WOW.jpg
55KB, 604x624px
>goal of the course is to understand the concepts of that course
>receive exam to test understanding of said concepts, as you will need these basic concepts to understand more advanced ones
>do something from another course and get marked wrong
>WOW
>>
>>8398822
>I can't follow basic rules and guidelines set in a course and have to be mister try hard special snow flake and impress a teacher who couldn't care less
FTFY
>>
>>8398860
>as you will need these basic concepts to understand more advanced ones

This is not true for those high school physics courses that don't use calculus. They are useless as calculus is absolutely fundamental to even the most basic physics.
>>
>>8398860
>>8398861
If the test doesn't explicitly say what method to use then any valid method should be acceptable.
>>
>>8398894
> instead of using the kinematic equations
It doesn't have to explicitly say shit. It's implicit.
>>
File: 1475704903221.png (843KB, 785x757px) Image search: [Google]
1475704903221.png
843KB, 785x757px
>>8398822
>15

Enjoy your ban, underage fag
>>
>>8398902
it's okay anon, sometimes I have trouble with basic addition too
>>
>8398902
>5 years ago
fuckhead he's 20
>>
>>8398822
no talented, brilliant person ever aspired to becoming a highschool teacher

>>8398837
dude that's awesome, thanks for posting it
>>
>>8398910
Holy shit you took the b8 and greentexted his post number
>>
>>8398822
the fact that you knew lagrangians at 15 at all is a testament to your drive, don't see why the teacher was mad
>>
>>8398881

you can do plenty of physics without calculus.
>>
>>8398837
law 12 triggers me
>>
>>8398822
teacher was just retarded. Proove him wrong:
>be you
>become university student due to masterful maths
>Become Physicist
>Form new field of physics
>meet teacher years later as a professor
>give him a test to do
>whatever maths he uses, tell him in test "you cant do that, show your work the right way"
>laugh at his tears

Get to it anon!
>>
>>8398854
>>8398822
math is a chaotic evil? or a necessary evil? Why so?
>>
>>8398902
can you not read faggot? he is twenty, this happened 5 years ago
>>
File: bait.png (34KB, 626x152px) Image search: [Google]
bait.png
34KB, 626x152px
>>8398837
>https://www.tke.org/files/file/The_48_Laws_of_Power.pdf

kek at these rules
>>
File: 1354513135330.jpg (38KB, 317x340px) Image search: [Google]
1354513135330.jpg
38KB, 317x340px
>>8398963
never say "trigger" unironically, never ever ever
>>
>>8398902
>That pic

Are you sure you're not underage?
>>
>>8399027
I was talking to Hiroshimoot and we agreed that dumb frogposters should be banned on sight.
We're currently training a neural network that will automatically detect sadfrog images.
>>
>>8398925
Change in temperature between start and end is not physics.
>>
>>8398837
>PDF on how to never be a real scientist
>>
File: homu_off.png (460KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
homu_off.png
460KB, 800x600px
>>8398822
>be in grad QM course my supervising prof teaches
>assignment asks to prove that a 4-dimensional Clifford algebra has even dimensional matrices as representations
>I use Lie theory and representation theory to prove that for an [math]n[/math]-dimensional Clifford algebra the matrices of an irreducible representation must have [math]2^{\left[\frac{n}{2}\right]}[/math]
>specialize to [math] n = 4[/math]
>forgot to put "irreducible" in my concluding sentence
>got a mark deducted
>the prof says that since he knows me he knew what I meant but he has to mark the assignments without bias, so he won't change my mark
>mfw
>>
>>8399230
>thinking he is actually unbiased
>believing he gives a shit
he just hates you, that's all.
>>
>forgot to show work once
>"Cheater" gets pot on personal record
>"Has the genes that make him find the easy way out"
>Never got above C grade after that
>All correct answers are considered the ones i gave up on and cheated
>>
>Undergrad Statics course
>4 question exam
>3D loading, find torque or something
>Define everything in terms of vectors on paper
>write out vector algebra equations to find answer
>get exact right answer
>get zero points
>Go to professor
>"you didnt show enough work to get the answer"
>"are you accusing me of cheating?"
>"Well i dont know it sure looks like it..."
>type everything on paper into ti83
>spits out exact right answer
>"Oh, well I cant give you full credit but i can give you points back
>beat him to death with calculator
>>
>>8398837
>How_to_be_miserable_and_myopic_for_life.pdf
This is the kind of stuff people spend a decent chunk of their life working -out of-, not into. Not to say there aren't many valid points, but this entire document is composed on the presupposition of greater slavery to one's environment than really has to be the case. There are also more meaningful and productive ways to live your life, and claw your way to the top, than wasting your time on petty infighting, posturing, and positioning.

Harvest what you want, but I advise ignoring this and finding your own way. Take it from someone who developed a lot of this on their own. It puts the world through a lens that just isn't accurate, and frames things in a way that just ain't so.
>>
>did the same in HS physics
>questions marked correctly
Sucks to be you.
>>
File: 1473469828892.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
1473469828892.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>8398822
>middle school science teacher insists that the Earth is x times the size of the moon
>she's actually talking about the diameter
>I say what about the surface area, volume etc.
>bitch doesn't even know there are multiple ways to measure size
>picks the worst one
>>
>>8399279
Thank you for this.
>>
>>8399279
this.

I was bullied in high school and a lot of these "rules of power" align pretty well with defense mechanisms i put on myself for years because of it. When I finally learned how to trust people and interact with them at a normal level I realized how toxic these ideas are. sure there are situations where they might be a good idea to consider, but the majority of the time you are putting yourself in a mindset that places you vs everyone else. you end up sad and alone.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.