[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I go about scientifically proving that pills are making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: ABILIFY%202[1].jpg (19KB, 300x179px) Image search: [Google]
ABILIFY%202[1].jpg
19KB, 300x179px
How do I go about scientifically proving that pills are making me stupider? I was taking Citalopram which wasn't bad then Cymbalta. and now because of Psychosis I'm taking 15mg of this shit. Small dosage but still feeling like a brainlet.

I'll take my delusions back if it means I can be bright again.
>>
>>8397238

look up one of the hundreds of studies already done on the negative effect of antipsychotics on cognition

its already been proven, theres nothing further to discuss
>>
>>8397238
>tfw depression shrinks your prefrontal cortex and hippocampus
>>
>>8397238
give it time to work. It does fucking miracles and eventually you will be better off.

It helped my schizo cousin too, he actually seems pretty normal now, which is fucking astounding. Just give it time.
>>
>>8397243
But isn't that for a population? How does one scientifically prove it for one person?

>>8397258
been on it for a year. seems that I need to go on something else.
>>
Eat lots of pesticide free vegetables and run.
Doctors work for money not you.
>>
>>8397238
Look up a website called quantified mind, it lets you design experiments for different variables (such as dosage of a psychotropic medication) and then you take short cognitive tests/benchmarks and it'll output some data. Do a regression on that data and see if there's a relationship. Of course, you'll need to do baseline tests without the medication first. You could also do this with n-back scores and an excel spreadsheet or a programming language with sufficient libraries for statistical analysis.

Everyone has different brain chemistry so doing something like this is the only way to know if something makes you dumber or smarter, I wouldn't 100% rely on studies done on other people or anecdotes to tell you if you're experiencing cognitive deficits as a side effect or not.
>>
>>8397238
I used to take Abilify. Life was shit on it. Got switched to Risperdal and now I'm doing fine. I study research level Mathematics every day without any problems. Just drink coffee all day and you're good to go.
>>
>>8397250
>tfw taking 300mg (side)Effexor XR
>>
>>8397238
Ask if you can get the injection version of abilify. The pills gave me shitty side effects, but the injection gives me none.
>>
>>8399436
how was weight gain on either pill?
>>
>>8397238
start taking fish oil, at least 5 grams daily. should help you get a bit of your edge back desu
>>
>>8397238
I used to take Escitalopram for 2 years, and now I'm on Cymbalta. What triggered your psychosis?
>>
>>8397238
I try those as well. Made me feel dizzy.
Stopped taking those right after only a day.
>>
>>8399530
placebo. they literally can't do anything to you after only a day, they take weeks to have any effect
>>
>>8399534
You must be right.
Also now I'm taking olanzapine to cure my schizophrenia and fluoxetine for my depression.
>>
>>8399549
I've always wondered, how is life with schizo? Is it as bad as the horror stories and movies portray it?
>>
>>8399575
It's not that bad. It's just difficult for me to attend lectures because I feel bored most of the time.
I was diagnosed with schizophrenia mainly because my thought process was weird and I had difficulties to socialize with others.
Also I really feel like I have been misdiagnosed (I think my thought process is logical) but apparently denial is a symptom of schizophrenia..
>>
>>8399591
>It's not that bad.
Also I only have mild schizophrenia, so no hallucinations, no voices, etc. thanks god for that.
>>
>>8399591
Lay out one of your thought processes for us
>>
File: Little_king_John.png (177KB, 478x488px) Image search: [Google]
Little_king_John.png
177KB, 478x488px
>>8399606
I'm convinced that EVERYTHING exist, because it doesn't make sense to me that this this very specific universe we're living in is the only thing that exists. It's too particular. Too specific.
For me, the universe we're living in can be expressed by a single number, and it make sense for me that every number possible exist.
Thus every possible situation, every possible universe, every possible frame of existence exist and is as real as this particular frame of existence we're experiencing.
It's not that hard to understand when you think about it.
>>
>>8399616
>Too specific
compared to what?
>>
>>8399640
>compared to what?
That's the thing, compared to what? Nothing?
Why would there be this particular frame of existence we're experiencing instead of nothing?
I don't know why there is something instead of nothing, but it makes sense to me that if there is something then that imply that everything must exist.
It makes perfect sense:
Since every situation possible exist, then our particular situation must necessarily exist.
It also means that whatever you do there is a situation where you fail, and one where you succeed.
This realization made me really sick, and thus I was diagnosed with schizophrenia.
I could go on and on and tell you that time is an illusion and that since we only experience the present moment then we only live in a single frame of existence but you get the idea.
>>
>>8399445
Same, I´m trying to quit. It´s hell..
>>
>>8399661
>Why would there be this particular frame of existence we're experiencing instead of nothing?
Because we're experiencing it, instead of experiencing nothing, or something else.

>everything must exist.
What do you mean by everything? Everything you can think of?

>a situation where you fail, and one where you succeed.
Only those two?

>This realization made me really sick
How so, if you don't mind describing that?

>time is an illusion
This is true, see relativity

>we only experience the present moment
This is also in true in one way, but we also experience our own thoughts as continuous, cohesive phenomena, and our memory allows us to reflect on phenomena, none of which are actually instantaneous.
>>
>>8399688
>What do you mean by everything? Everything you can think of?
Imagine the set formed of every configuration possible of universes down to quarks level. Well this set is included in the set of everything that exist.

>Only those two?
No, EVERYTHING exist. Every possible situations involving you exist.

>How so, if you don't mind describing that?
Well, once you realized your existence belong to a set of things that are fixed, frozen, mathematically written on paper forever, you lose the courage to do anything in life.
That what happened to me.
Nowadays I'm trying to live without thinking about it, but at the time it happened it was difficult.

>This is also in true in one way, but we also experience our own thoughts as continuous, cohesive phenomena, and our memory allows us to reflect on phenomena, none of which are actually instantaneous.
I think our consciousness can be represented by a string of states. And since time doesn't exist in my opinion, we only experience one state. That's the present moment we seem to experience.
>>
File: yamabiko.jpg (112KB, 387x507px) Image search: [Google]
yamabiko.jpg
112KB, 387x507px
>>8399709
>once you realized your existence belong to a set of things that are fixed, frozen, mathematically written on paper forever, you lose the courage to do anything in life.

This sounds like an existential crisis, I'm surprised you were diagnosed with schizophrenia unless you did something extra crazy in your depressed state...

>I'm trying to live without thinking about it
Who says that conscious thought is deterministic in the conventional sense? Consciousness is a unique phenomenon in the universe as far a we know, so there's still a chance that free will exists, and that's enough for me.
>>
>>8399436
In my case Risperdal was pretty bad too, took it two years, and still think it did some permanent damage. Although it was quite necessary in the beginning, when there was acute psychosis, so can´t really say would i been better whitout it or not.
Maybe it made my thinking somewhat clearer, but the weird and crazy thought-jumping is something i do like, when it doesn´t get too much out of control.
>>
>>8399755
That's heavy shit, my grandma used to take it...
>>
>>8397238
medications always have side-effects. be it neurological, psychological, or physiological. The best you can do is do concise research of what you are taking by looking for medical articles and reviews of the substance. Be cautious of what you take.
>>
>>8399752
>I'm surprised you were diagnosed with schizophrenia unless you did something extra crazy in your depressed state...
I assaulted some firemen with a broomstick.
I was depressed and had drunk a shitload of alcohol.
>>
>>8399616
Sounds like eternalism to me.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternalism_(philosophy_of_time)
>>
>>8399769
>I assaulted some firemen with a broomstick.
This sounds amazing, but was probably awful for everyone involved.

>alcohol
there's your problem
maybe you should have been treated for substance abuse instead of schizophrenia, but that depends on your internal reasoning at the time... also I'm no otolaryngologist
>>
>>8399512
Pretty bad. But I eat salad only now and my weight is fine.
>>
>That moment you realize you can't get off because of the Citalopram
It was my first time with a girl too
>>
File: 1473371344015.jpg (31KB, 371x410px) Image search: [Google]
1473371344015.jpg
31KB, 371x410px
>>8399801
>first time with a girl
>>
>>8399436
yeah life is pretty shit on abilify.how much is your dosage of Risperdal? don't have any concentration of abilify. had to take a semester off my EE because I knew I wouldn't be able to pass the classes with my state of mind.
>>
>>8399616
>It's not that hard to understand when you think about it.
No, it's not. And I'm not sure why you're bringing it up framed as a "weird thought process".

Get off the shit drugs, learn to meaningfully unravel and approach your real problems, get out of your shit environment, and move on with your life. You got dealt a bad hand as far as how you are relative to your environment, you can't let this drag you down forever.

You're welcome.
>>
>>8399709
or nothing really exists.. maybe everything is a hypothesis
>>
>>8399591
>apparently denial is a symptom of schizophrenia..
So they can just diagnose everyone with schizophrenia and if they try to deny it that just proves everyone has schizophrenia? kek
>>8399616
That doesn't sound too bad, unless you're walking around like a prophet telling this shit to everyone. How could someone claim to have the authority on which cosmologies are and which are not a symptom of mental illness, anyway?

http://theicarusproject.net/resources/publications/harm-reduction-guide-to-coming-off-psychiatric-drugs-and-withdrawal/
Maybe read this, it helped me get off olanzapine. In any case, remember to slowly taper off over at least a few weeks if/when you decide to get off your meds.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.