[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since homosexuality is a genetic trait then by following natural

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1445552085574.webm (2MB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445552085574.webm
2MB, 480x640px
Since homosexuality is a genetic trait then by following natural selection and sexual selection does that mean the homosexual gene would go extinct soon?

Homosexuality existed a long time ago but they still haven't died down.

I know that most homosexuals, who happen to be bisexuals, can still have an offspring and spread the genetic trait but the their chances on doing it is quite small.

Any thoughts on this idea?
>>
File: 20160604-neilsen.jpg (42KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
20160604-neilsen.jpg
42KB, 720x480px
no, people turn gay all the time when they go to prison
>>
The genes causing homosexuality have an ESS that keeps it at about 5%.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolutionarily_stable_strategy
>>
>>8397158
Wouldn't our genes evolve into something else that would stop this?
>>
>>8397151
At least she still has her teeth

Anyway, if the genetic trait causes increased attraction to one sex, and it's in a brother sister pair, the chance increases dramatically
>>
>>8397170
You should read the Selfish Gene
>>
>>8397176
Thanks.
I'm starting to be a fan of Dawkins.

>>8397172
But won't the chance be the same for the attraction to the opposite sex?

I understand that the environment has something to do with the homosexuality trait as well.
>>
>>8397151
>Since homosexuality is a genetic trait
No one has been able to conclusively prove this.
>>
>>8397192
It is the accepted conclusion and points to the strongest evidence by far though.
>>
>>8397176
>>8397184
No. No.No.

Dawkins is a horrible idiot who doesn't know what he's talking about.

Read some actual scientific work, not some bullshit made up by a bee-handler.
>>
>>8397198
>made up by a bee-handler.
I chuckled.
>>
>>8397196
accepted by literally who?

what about environmental factors?
what about inutero hormonal factors?

I would be more inclined to believe that the emotional state and diet of the mother during pregnancy would have a greater outcome on sexuality.
>>
>>8397205
https://www.cambridge.org/core/journals/psychological-medicine/article/genome-wide-scan-demonstrates-significant-linkage-for-male-sexual-orientation/864518601436C95563EA670C5F380343

And yes, we still have environmental factors including diet, I'd say it's partly genetic.
>>
>>8397211
its a compelling abstract ( I cant read cambridge articles). and the fact that it is technically a replication of Hamers work makes it seem more rigorous

it still seems like a jump to say that ALL human sexuality is genetically driven. The linkages found in homosexual brothers were not found in homosexual sisters or mixed-sexual siblings in other studies. But you have convinced me that some cases of human homosexuality can have, in part, a genetic factor.

But to answer the threads question.
if we allowed this part of the X chromosome to be the determining factor, the fact that it resides on the X should allow women to carry it without necessarily being affected by it. and therefore have a 50/50 chance to pass it on to her sons and daughters. Not enough pressure to select it out, so no homosexual extinction.

Thankyou for having an actual article to back up your question - this time OP was not a faggot
>>
>>8397237
Alright, man.

>>8397237
>if we allowed this part of the X chromosome to be the determining factor, the fact that it resides on the X should allow women to carry it without necessarily being affected by it. and therefore have a 50/50 chance to pass it on to her sons and daughters. Not enough pressure to select it out, so no homosexual extinction.

I'm going to dig in deeper more with this.

Thanks to the anons, this whole thread helped me gain more insights.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.