[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is their a name for thinking less of someone based on their language

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: q2da1ro.jpg (38KB, 600x438px) Image search: [Google]
q2da1ro.jpg
38KB, 600x438px
Is their a name for thinking less of someone based on their language fluency? It must have a phenomenon name.

E.g. my coworker's second language is English and they're not very good. Despite me knowing this, I think they have a sub-intelligence.
>>
>>8396049
I don't know the name for it but i instantly think people are sub-human when they do shit like use their instead of there.
>>
>>8396065
I'm tiered anon, leave me alone.
>>
>>8396068
Your english is not as great as you think.
Do I think you are sub-human because of that?
Yes
Does it matter?
No
>>
>>8396068
It's not a simple typo, you had to move your fingers in a very different configuration to come up with "their" instead of "there", indicating that you actually momentarily thought that was the correct way.
How does this even happen?
>>
>>8396101
Isn't that literally what a lapse of judgement caused by exhaustion is?

When we type, we're thinking about spelling. It has a level of difficulty, regardless of how much or how little. Being tired, the difficulty increases. Is that really hard to understand or are you a dummy?
>>
>>8396110
>When we type, we're thinking about spelling.
As we should, instead of thinking about pronounciation at all. I just can't relate to the problem of incorrect spelling based on inner pronounciation. Do people often have a constant stream of spoken language running in their minds when they type? Even if they do, how come it interferes with their typing so commonly when they should well know how a particular word is written?
>>
>>8396146
You're everything wrong with this world.
>>
>>8396365
Thank you for using the correct 'you're'.
>>
>>8396365
You got quite offended apparently. What is it that triggered you that much?
>>
>>8396365
>I know I'm wrong but I can't admit it.
>>
File: GottStrafeAmerika.jpg (130KB, 297x322px) Image search: [Google]
GottStrafeAmerika.jpg
130KB, 297x322px
call we just call these type of person
>>8396917
>>8396442
>>8396436
>>8396065
Fallacy americucks?

I mean I been over the world, and only on the anglophone circles people expect you to speak perfect english despise you dominating 3 or 4 languages.

On my land, Brazil, when there is a Italian guy who says "o salsicha" instead of "a salsicha" or something like that on portuguese, people laugh but they don't think he is stupid.
is the trace of the eternal anglo to grasp these straws and build these "lower intellect" fallacies for people presenting failures on their second or third tongue.

TL DR; is a anglophone fallacy so we should call it the eternal anglo doing his eternal dance of being shitty human beings.
>>
>>8396049
When English-speakers learn other languages, they're expected to at least approximate the accent. Speakers of other languages who learn English, for some reason, are not.
>>
>>8396065
Why? Isn't the point of language to communicate?
If you get the FEELING of the message but you FEEL the need to nitpick?
>>
>>8396146
reading and writing implicates lexical items, which contain phonological forms, which people often relate to orthography in different ways.
>>
>>8397028
The point of language is not communication any more than the point of vision is reading letters.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.