[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the criteria for getting into grad school for math/statistics?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1472626082974.jpg (72KB, 599x600px) Image search: [Google]
1472626082974.jpg
72KB, 599x600px
What's the criteria for getting into grad school for math/statistics?

Some goober I used to work with did undergrad english but just got into a mathematics & statistics MS.

I only have a minor in mathematics but would like to go to grad school for that subject or statistics. Do I just have to take prereq classes?
>>
Depends on the kind of masters degree. I only had a Bachelor of arts in sociology and still got into a Msc survey statistics cause I had lots of survey methods / data analysis courses.

It's usually listed on the homepage
>>
>>8395961
>Depends on the kind of masters degree.
You mean MS vs MA?
>>
>>8395961
Ideally it would be applied mathematics or applied statistics.
>>
>>8395966
No I am talking about the specific masters degrees on specific universities. Where I live every university has different criteria for letting people in. Some have tests, some require recommendation letters, some require work experience and some just require you to have a certain amount of credits in the area of study. Just visit the homepage of the university you wanna go to and start reading, it's not that hard.
>>
>>8395973
Could you link me an example of a homepage explaining this shit?
>>
>>8395969
Usually you'll need a bachelors degree with a certain amount of credits in statistics and/or quantitative methods (like sampling theory and stuff). So you could have a bachelors in software engineering, math, economics, statistics, data science, social sciences, psychology, pretty much anything
>>
>>8395980
well, my minor is in math, so I probably have that shit. Would what comes with a typical math minor be enough?
>>
>>8395977
ANY fucking university homepage.

Here is the one for my university: https://www.uni-trier.de/index.php?id=57291 (it's german though)
>>
File: 1472152964880.jpg (35KB, 582x377px) Image search: [Google]
1472152964880.jpg
35KB, 582x377px
>>8395987
HOW ABOUT AN ENGLISH ONE
>>
>>8395989
How about you aren't a fucking retard and just google this shit by yourself?
>>
>>8395985
I don't know what you did in your math minor. If you had about 24 credit points worth of statistics related subjects you're good to go for my university, don't know the requirements for the other ones.
>>
>>8396001
is math statistics-related? because I certainly had 24 credits of mathematics subjects
>>
>>8395989
If you can't figure it out on your own, your not getting into grad school anyway
>>
>>8396012
Really no idea what they accept as related. I guess linear algebra counts cause you need that for multivariate statistics, maybe also discrete math? No idea man. Just look it up on the homepages or call them
>>
>>8396022
thanks, I have both of those
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.