[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come I'm both clearly taller and more intelligent than

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (45KB, 500x430px)
image.jpg
45KB, 500x430px
How come I'm both clearly taller and more intelligent than my parents? Shouldn't I be somewhere in between?
>>
>>8393776
environmental variation

also gene expression
and gene randomisation (independent assortment etc)

did you drop biology at 16? are you 16?
>>
>>8393776
I'm sorry I'm the one who tells you but... you're adopted.
>>
>>8393792
/thread
>>
>>8393776

Because it is true that if I mix hot water with cold water I get warm water, it must be true that if a tall person and a short person have a kid, that kid will be the average of the two...

/pol/ logic...
>>
>>8393776
Why are you a man? Shouldn't your gender be the average between male and female?
>>
>>8393776
You are probably one of those people who "evolved" from monkeys. Do you're parents live in a zoo?
>>
File: heights.png (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
heights.png
76KB, 600x600px
>>8393776

Environment.
>>
>>8393908
Portugal... more like manletland
>>
>>8393776
Yes, every human being is a precise mix of their parents appearance and minds. You're not meant to exist anon, time to kill yourself.
>>
>>8393776
Your dad isn't your dad.
>>
>>8393776
Not really, a lot of people on 4chan don't really get genetics, or at least don't give it the time it deserves (same with all biology actually, particularly muh test and muh xenoestrogens). For example it's often said that brown eyes are a dominant trait while blue is recesive, and therefore if someone with brown eyes and someone with blue eyes reproduce then their children will have blue eyes, and that trait is then lost forever. This is completely wrong, let B be the gene for brown eyes and let b, be the gene for blue eyes, if we imagine that the brown eyed parent has the recesive gene for blue eyes, then in the most naive Mendelian way we'd expect at least one of the following:
>bb
>Bb
>Bb
>bb

So not only can a blue and brown eyed parent have children with blue eyes, the gene that codes for blue eyes is still present in children with brown eyes.

I'd imagine something similar, but much more complicated with hight. Also this >>8393779 and this >>8393811
>>
Evolution
>>
>>8393776
I'm the same way. My parents are retarded, but I'm intelligent. I don't know why.
>>
>mfw this idiot has never heard of reproduction with variation

lrn2bio, fag
>>
The way that you are raised has a huge impact. Having a full diet and growing up during what's referred to as the "food revolution" of industrial eating as of the mid-1950s was huge. This coincided mainly with the invention of reliable refrigerated transportation.
People's diets were shitty during just the last generation, babies born after the 60s and 70s tend to have had the luxury of being raised from infancy with good nutrition.
>>
>>8396618
Education, kid. Perhaps early life nutrition and stimulus.

In other words, environment.
>>
>>8396618
Maybe they were smart when they were younger but fucked their brains up with drugs and alcohol
>>
I'm the tallest in my family and I think it's cause I ate a lot and was fat growing up

So I had a lot of excess energy in me for growing I guess
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.