[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw finally realized that intelligence is not much of a limiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

File: yes.jpg (15KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
15KB, 400x300px
>tfw finally realized that intelligence is not much of a limiting factor and that with enough work even someone with average intelligence can clash with the titans

Who /awakened/ here?
>>
>>8393111
One problem. You're wrong.
>>
>>8393114
nuh uh
>>
>>8393111
wisdom/knowledge > eq > iq
>>
>>8393111
I sometimes tell people I know something like this and I'm not sure if it inspires them with confidence on some level or if they just hate me for understanding things more easily and acting like it's nothing
>>
>>8393133
they think you wanna boast with your knowledge and that you have inferiority complex

my tip: best keep deep knowledge for yourself unless you want to materialize it yourself.
>>
>109 IQ
>physics PhD doing research at a uni as a post doc

I am living proof
>>
>>8393116
More like
IQ x Knowledge x (1 - Social Ineptitude) = Value

You gotta have it all to be a contender.
>>
cringe thread detected, lol
>>
>>8393111
It's the truth

But if you have an IQ of average or above(90 to 115+) aka MOST OF THE WORLD, you can do big things
Sadly, if you have less than 90 it's pretty rare to see someone do big things in science and math
>>
>>8393111
rock lee would like a word with you
>>
>>8393765
the knowledge has to be quality also, no use filling your head with spooks and memes
>>
>>8393750
IQ is the biggest meme. I did a test and skipped the last 20% of the questions becuase i didnt like them and scored 113. There is no way i could do shit like physics though. I am living proof IQ tests are borked.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (41KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
41KB, 630x420px
>tfw you realize IQ has far more to do with healthy brain metabolism than some mysterious IQ gene
>>
>>8393770
You. Yes, you. I like you.
>>
>>8393967
>IQ of average or above
>most of the world
That's definitionally incorrect
>>
fetty wap has an IQ of 127.
>>
>>8393111
A friend of mine always asks the dumbest questions, it takes him ages to understand new concepts, and can hardly do any exercises without the professor or a TA helping him.

He studies his ass off, literally does math all day when he's not sleeping, does every exercise in the book at least 3 times to study for finals, and he has the highest GPA of the class.
>>
>tfw you realize IQ is psuedoscience yet keeps getting posting on /sci/ instead of /x/
>>
>>8395704
>I don't know how a normal distribution works
Most of the people in the world have IQs in the average range, yes.
>>
I always liked how the author of Flowers for Algernon described IQ.

"I'm not sure what an I.Q. is. Dr. Nemur said it was something that measured how intelligent you were-like a scale in the drugstore weighs in pounds. But Dr. Strauss had a big argument with him and said an I.Q. didn't weigh intelligence at all. He said an I.Q. showed how much intelligence you could get, like the numbers on the outside of a measuring cup. You still had to fill the cup up with stuff. Then when I asked Burt, who gives me my intelligence tests and works with Algernon, he said that both of them were wrong (only I had to promise not to tell them he said so). Burt says that the I.Q. measures a lot of different things including some of the things you learned already, and it really isn't any good at all."
>>
File: paradox pwnt.jpg (29KB, 446x364px) Image search: [Google]
paradox pwnt.jpg
29KB, 446x364px
>>8395279
the last 20% are the hard ones. you would have failed them all anyway, brainlet.
>>
>>8395782
>I don't understand that IQ isn't science at all, but correlates well enough with success in many kinds of real life activities to be considered a useful enough quotient to not dismiss entirely and to research further
t. clinical imbecile
>>
>>8395782
>90% of every historical breakthrough in science that involved thinking and not luck was done by people with high above average IQ

IQ totally doesnt make u smart guys xD
>>
>>8395915
>I don't understand that IQ isn't science at all
Thank you for proving my point retard.

I care about science, not statistical correlations.
Go find a board that correlates with social studies and metaphysics
>>
>>8395722
kek
>>
>tfw you fail the iq test because your are too intelligence

>tfw no pic
>>
>>8393967
you don't understand how dumb people with an IQ of 90 realy are
>>
File: images.jpg (10KB, 222x227px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
10KB, 222x227px
>>8395934
>Aproximated IQ
kek
>pseudoscience correlation
Double kek
>>8395915
>correlation
>can't explain how intelligence works
>can't even explain what is intelligence
Keep dreaming brainlet.
>>
>>8393765
I like this one, capped.
>>
File: lab1.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
lab1.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
[math]read ~\rightarrow~ do~ \rightarrow ~learn ~\rightarrow~repeat[/math]
>>
>>8393742
That I can agree with.
>>
>>8393111

>clash with the titans

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8393111
.... but I want to feel superior to others and I don't have a hell of a lot else to go on besides this number
>>
>>8393111
Haven't browsed 4chan in a long time, and this was the first thread I saw, right on the home page. Burst out laughing.

Don't change /sci/. You're net garbage, but I kind of think this is the way it needs to be.
>>
>>8393133
Likely the latter, if anything. Unless they're receptive and capable of using a hard mechanical description of the general metacognitive processes involved. It's like doing mental arithmetic, you're not a number crunching machine because you can multiply 354353464577457 by 5, in your head. It just means you realize you can just add a 0 and divide all the even sets of digits by 2. It's a very fast serial process, almost anyone can do it, even if some have neurological machinery that is innately superior for the given task.

Though this can't be extended indefinitely, I'm becoming quite convinced some people really are just plain incapable of some mental operations, whether because they just don't have it, or because they're incapable of the means to learn. At such a point it comes down to the total spectrum of operations a given machine is capable of, and how they relate within the greater whole.
>>
>>8399192
just just just just just just just just
>just
What is wrong with me today. baka tbqh
>>
IQ is more of a measure of retardation rather than intelligence
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 640x960px
>>8398999
This
>>8399183
Sorry, brainlet ;^=)
>>8399192
>1st paragraph
Yep, it's not that hard.
>2nd paragraph
I've been teaching as a student other students and i've dealt with "can't even multiply fast" cases.

In these cases, I've managed to teach them how to multiply with different POV frames so they can pick the most comfy interpretation of multiplicarion for them, and manipulate it with more success.

At first they wanted me to teach them how to operate derivatives when they have to add with their fingers.

They only needed less than 4 classes to start showing a better progress rate.

The first classes I had to explain them frankly the situation, so most of them were lazy. I explained what is the general process of learning and action, and how do some states of a person determines the output done, with other elements. I always listen to what they have to say, mostly excuses. And I show them a pragmatic POV.

Finally, I tell them: We are working together. We are colaborating. We have to put our 100% focus on the matter so the progress is greater.
>>
>>8399255
OKAY
>>
>finally realized that intelligence is not much of a limiting factor

Is this what you tell retards too?
>>
>>8399361
Brainlet detected.
>>
>>8399363
I'm too intelligent to even have a high iq, the difference between me and you is greater than between you and an actual unironic retard.
>>
>>8399373
Brainlet detected.
>>
>>8399363
>>8399380
Brainlets detected
>>
>>8399391
Brainlet detected.
>>
File: 1440742229871s.jpg (7KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
1440742229871s.jpg
7KB, 250x237px
>>8399300
If you're gonna use the phrase "brainlet" don't "This" me.
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.