[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is the vast majority of the population under the delusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: evidence 1.jpg (73KB, 846x574px) Image search: [Google]
evidence 1.jpg
73KB, 846x574px
why is the vast majority of the population under the delusion that crooked teeth and jaws is genetic in most cases?

There’s solid evidence to show that the “soft” modern diet, in conjunction with other factors associated with Western lifestyles, can promote abnormal development of the skull and face, and cause malocclusion, impacted wisdom teeth, and narrow dental arches
>>
>>8392483
what evidence?
>>
>>8392487
Nutrition and Physical Degeneration: A Comparison of Primitive and Modern Diets and Their Effects (1939)

just fucking read this i can't be fucked going in to detail
>>
>>8392491
>1939
>>
>>8392586
>>1939
>it's wrong because it's older than me
O-okay.

Anyway, I'm not the OP but it's worth noting that I've basically never seen other animals with fucked up teeth/dental arches like humans get on the regular. Also looking at skeles from some time ago would probably be instructive also.
>>
>>8392599
More because diets change significantly. Also, that was directly after WWII so food probably wasn't in the optimum quantities or of the right quality
>>
>>8392602
>directly after WWII
1939 is like the start of WWII, and it was published then so likely the research was conducted prior. Also fairly sure people today get plenty of retarded tooth problems with ample food.
>>
>>8392605
>1939 is like the start of WWII
I knew that, I-I was just pretending

The incidence of retarded tooth problems is lower now
>>
So what do you think causes this? Sugars?
>>
>>8392611
>The incidence of retarded tooth problems is lower now
Possible, though many people make use of dentistry and dental hygiene which could mask the problem; at any rate if incidence was still lower in these primitive people that's pretty funny given how much effort we put into dental health.

>>8392612
>So what do you think causes this? Sugars?
The hypothesis I believe was that lack of physical strain from chewing tough foodstuffs, much like how a baby born in space would probably have a poorly developed skeleton.
>>
>>8392612
not a matter of nutrition, it's the density of the diet
>>
>>8392611
70+% of america/uk have some degree of malocclusion
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.