[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't we visit moon anymore? What is currently stopping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1464378873579.png (129KB, 314x278px) Image search: [Google]
1464378873579.png
129KB, 314x278px
Why don't we visit moon anymore?

What is currently stopping us from sending a man to Mars?

How do we get there?
>>
>>8392226
We are currently too smart to waste money sendin people to mars.

Unfortunately, some people are trying reeeeaaaal hard to lower our collective IQ to get this done.
>>
>>8392230
But is it physically possible? I mean, if I was the president of any country I'd spend whatever money needed to plant my country's flag on mars to leave a mark in history.
>>
>>8392237
history is a bunch of ignorant men writing down tales about themselves and believing they are important enough to not be forgotten
>>
we arent sending people to moon anymore probably because we've got enough samples and also there's the recent nasa's budget cut. Nasa doesnt work by itself anymore, hence the retirement of the shuttles. Its currently working with other organizations. mainly for the iss. they do rely on with elon musk's spacex to transfer their mission supplies to the iss.

The record for spaceflight time is about 430 days. while the length for round trip itself could be 600 days. so i think we still need more research on the effects on long space travel. Both nasa and spacex have planned for mars landing on 2040.
>>
>>8392226
because it's more important to give money to people who don't want to work, then to fund space exploration
>>
>>8392237
because there is no current benefit to it, what return would we get spending money to send people to the moon or mars?

Bear in mind where most this money flows if the government spends it
>>
>>8392237
Congrats on leaving your country broken to have a meaningless mark in history. You forgot that you wouldn't go down as the man who brought the country to mars, you'll remembered as the man who brought the country to its knees
>>
>>8392226
There's no more USSR to nuke with our moon rockets.
>>
shuttle was physically incapable of going to higher orbits, cost too damn much, couldn't do rapid launches, and they wouldn't carry third stages in the shuttle.
>>
File: 1468120160612.jpg (39KB, 343x481px) Image search: [Google]
1468120160612.jpg
39KB, 343x481px
>>8392321
>because we've got enough samples

too bad like 98% of all moon rocks recovered from the moon have been lost or stolen now.

and why we dont go to the moon again is because there is no political reason to justify blowing a gorrilion dollars on sending bags of flesh and blood to a big dead rock floating around our planet.
>>
>>8392226

Because we lack the vision.

Humanity was always about exploration, whether into the nature of the universe or the depths of space. It's regrettable that /sci/ has seemingly given up on the latter... there's a limit to how much we can discover if we isolate ourselves to one planet, you all seem to have forgotten that.
>>
>>8392597
you are full of shit. They didn't go to the moon for exploration. They went there to have the high ground over the soviet union. No manned space flight that has pushed a frontier has ever been for exploration, don't kid yourself.
>>
>>8392606
he's right you know
>what are spanish and portuguese sailors
i think that history is over and is now restarting...
we are in the classical age, the age of so many wonders for the ancient people like we have so many wonders for ourselves like internet and democracy and everything
i think thee will be a great great crisis that will send us to the quivalent of middle ages...
in the end of the middle ages there will be sailing like in the modern age but now instead of sailing oceans and landing on continents we will sail the space to discover planets.
>>
>>8392469
But USA is known as state which sent man to the moon, and not as state which took advantage of slaves, keeps middle class poor and literally stole from people of Colour to fund they white race to the Moon
>>
It's just plain rock in the sky with empty surface and no atmosphere, what's the point of further exploring it, to check if it's still a piece of rock?
>>
>>8392226
>What is currently stopping us from sending a man to Mars?
Musk
>>
>>8392597
Why do you think it took Europeans such a long time to discover the Americas?
>>
>>8393166
Cuz nobody really cares for shithole full of burger eating faggots and nobody would treat you srsly if not for the nukes
>>
>>8392321
> The record for spaceflight time is about 430 days. while the length for round trip itself could be 600 days.
Round trip doesn't matter. At our current ability level, no-one would make it back alive.
>>
>>8393169
Nice banter, Europoor. Maybe you're even Australian. But deep inside you know that the USA is the greatest country ever. Yes, you do. Right off the bat, we started as the country to defeat the almighty British Empire. We are a country of freedom and democracy, a country where all peoples of the world - Europeans, Asians, Africans, native Americans - live in a civilized society. We have the best alphabet, heritage of the Roman Empire, and the language itself is heritage to the British Empire.
We have won the Two World Wars, we defeated imperialism, nazism, fascism, communism. We defeated everyone, from Mexico to Japan. We invented rock and roll, jazz, blues, we invented the car, the airplane, the light bulb, we are the country with the most discoveries and nobel prizes. We invented cheeseburger, barbeque, hotdogs and soda. Jeans, blouses and the modern shoes are American clothes. We have wonderful architecture and monuments. We have the world's most powerful military and the world's #1 economy. Even our national animal, flag and anthem are the best in the world. The only things that America did not invent itself were perfected by Americans, just think of American wine which just recently beat the French one in some competition. Also, here's a quick trivia: our constitution, maybe even our country if youre german or italian or russian ro whatever, is older than your own. Come back to me when you plant your country's flag on the moon.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.