[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I want to do a math PhD but my parents keep nagging about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Dw3FsfX.jpg (182KB, 938x692px) Image search: [Google]
Dw3FsfX.jpg
182KB, 938x692px
>tfw I want to do a math PhD but my parents keep nagging about getting a real job and starting a family
>>
>>8391871
>First you get the riches
>Then you get the bitches
>>
>>8391871
You probably are too stupid to make a real impact anyway.
>>
>>8391871
Are you fucking 12 years old?
>>
>>8391891
why?
>>
>>8391898
He's implying that an adult needn't kowtow to a parent. Are you your own man, or not?
>>
>>8391871
Tell them you want to try and start one. Once you're in it, you can see if it's for you, and figure out some real job prospects. (Hint: you almost definitely won't become a prof)

If it's a waste of time, drop out after a year. Then you know for sure if it would've been worth it and if not, you only wasted a year (in terms of job experience)

Bonus: Youll probably learn something about what you really want to do with your life if you drop out. Explain what that is in future interviews.
>>
Did you tell them how much you'll make starting?
>>
starting a family for your parents. just kys
>>
your parents sound like brainlets
which means you have brainlet genetics

fuck off brainlet
>>
>>8391871
Buy a chinese family instead, its less than half the cost and they will do over twice the work, so you might actually have time to get that PhD and your parents will be happy, win-win.
>>
>>8392468
you sound like a great person to be around
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.