[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can the human body be capable of squatting 200 kg? How could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: chadthunder.jpg (63KB, 600x645px) Image search: [Google]
chadthunder.jpg
63KB, 600x645px
How can the human body be capable of squatting 200 kg? How could bodies have evolved to do this when it never happens irl?
>>
Good question actually
>>
Why not?
Why do we have the cognitive ability to drive a bike when that never happened before someone made a bike.
The evolution of capacities doesn't require it's edges to be requested.
>>
>>8391322
You can use that build up muscle to squat 200kg or you can use it to kick a bear in the head to stun it, or you can run for two days to hunt down a deer with persistence hunting and then carry it back home all the way back.

You can use them in real life for actually useful things... or as a recent turn of events: just look ripped to attract partners. Modern trainings methods are designed to build up muscles in the shortest time possible, they aren't supposed to emulate real life applications of those muscles.
>>
>tfw I can't even squat 1pl8
>>
>>8391603
roid
>>
File: 3413255443.jpg (464KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
3413255443.jpg
464KB, 1024x768px
The primates' family
>Orangutan
>Gorilla
>Chimpanzee and Bonobo
>Human

Reminder we are the weakest of the great apes
>200 kg
>>
>>8391817
Fuck a bonobo can't lift 200kg
>>
>>8391597
Lol stun a bear with a kick. You would be ground meat in the next 30 sec
>>
>>8391837
lol this
>>
>>8391817
Yeah no shit but we are weaker so we can have fine motor skills and produce complex shit
>>
>>8391322
>>8391355
In layman terms.

Gaining strength is similar to gaining muscle respectively; sometimes they go hand in hand. You gain strength from lifting heavy (low reps) and you gain muscle through lifting voluminously (more reps).

Muscle Gains: > Lift > Protein (+Aminos) > rest > the muscle then becomes bigger than you've started with.

Strength: lift heavy > CNS breaks down > Recover > Adapt > Reach a new Stimuli > Become much more stronger what you've started with.

e.g. Let says if you're able to squat 180kg for 3 reps; then you rest for that week. Then next week you're feeling good(adapted) and recovered and you decide to make a PR on your last set of squats; so you then hit 180kg for 4 reps) so that's a one rep PR meaning that you're squat went from 198kg of 1 rep to 204kg of 1 rep. Hence, you've actually became stronger than before!

Or you could increase the strength slowly adding weight to barbell. e.g. 180kg to 182.5 or 185kg for a few week or so. Once the body adapts and recovers from handle heavier weights as you go you're eventually forced to get stronger (through adaptation) anyway (whenever you reach a new training stimuli).

Sorry for my English; I'm from Lithuania. Been doing strongman training for quite some time. I hope; I helped.
>>
>>8391603
git gud, it took me 1.5 months to squat 1pl8
>>
>>8392442
>central nervous system breaks down
>>
>>8391322
>How can the human body be capable of squatting 200 kg? How could bodies have evolved to do this when it never happens irl?
The real question is, why doesn't our body produce this much muscle when we have adequate nutrition?
Other animals seem to have shitloads of muscle absent much hard physical work, diet permitting.
>>
>>8392593
**remembers my hopeless climbing attempts** He'd probably meant it
>>
>>8392622
>Other animals seem to have shitloads of muscle absent much hard physical work, diet permitting.
As an example, gorillas spend most of their day walking around and eating leaves. Yet they probably have more muscle mass than all but the most dedicated weightlifting humans, despite never doing anything that resembles dedicated weight training.
>>
>>8392622
A close question: why do we even need physical activity to function right/better? It's like the most popular health advice, everyone is so used to it that never questions any reasoning behind it.

But it is very ridiculous in fact: body doesn't want to function right when you are being rational (don't spend energy on useless shit) and wants to function right when you are doing silly shit spending tons of energy on it. wtf
>>
File: kanga.jpg (126KB, 615x806px) Image search: [Google]
kanga.jpg
126KB, 615x806px
>>8392629
>>8392622
Great questions; really hoping for a response here. Pic related: Look at this fucking kanga.
>>
>>8392637
That guy looks oddly humanoid.. I wonder if kangaroos would become the dominant species on earth in our absence.

>>8392635
I'm fairly sure that we either have a high level of muscle growth inhibitors or low level of muscle growth enhancers naturally circulating in the body. Not sure why though.
>>
>>8391322
They haven't
>>
>>8392622
>The real question is, why doesn't our body produce this much muscle when we have adequate nutrition?
how is that not blatantly obvious?

muscles require energy, while fat is energy stored for later. if you're an animal that just sits around all day, evolutionary pressure will select against the ones that have ridiculous amounts of unused muscle mass that just burns off energy for no reason, and will select for the ones that store fat instead.
>>
>>8392652
Ok but what about >>8392635 ?
According to what you said health would be associated with fat and low activity not vice versa.
>>
>>8392652
>evolutionary pressure will select against the ones that have ridiculous amounts of unused muscle mass that just burns off energy for no reason, and will select for the ones that store fat instead.
This doesn't seem to happen to other animals thou
>>
>>8392658
>According to what you said health would be associated with fat and low activity not vice versa.
Im serious: are you 12 or something?

what I talked about takes place over tens of thousands of years, you're talking about what happens in the span of months.

humans evolved with a certain level of physical activity. it is common sense to assume that our bodies function best at that level of physical activity. (function best = healthy)

literally what dont you understand about this
>>
>>8391322
Did you know that you arent using your true physical strength unless you are on adrenaline?
>>
>>8392645
Marsupials are morons compared to placental mammals so no.
>>
>>8392668
>Marsupials are morons compared to placental mammals so no.
For now.
>>
>>8392673
Adding a few placentals to Australia already fucked up any chance of marsupial dominance, they are objectively inferior to us placentals.
>>
>>8391322
Lets say you fall down,accelerate and your body has to absorb a lot more than your body weight.Squats are like falling down.
Could this explain it?
>>
>>8391322
>How can the human body be capable of squatting 200 kg? How could bodies have evolved to do this when it never happens irl?
Having a musculature capable of - with serious training - squatting 200kg, makes it easier for us to do other things like drag a 70kg deer back to our tribe or throw a rock really hard or wrestle other humans or what have you. Said musculature can also make it easier to absorb the force of hitting or being hit and so on.
Also humans are pretty weak, as anyone who's been in a fight with a chimp will attest to.
>>
Read this book, it will tell you everything you need to know about the mechanics of squatting.
>>
>>8391322

First, the human body didn't necessarily "evolve" to squat 200 kg. Rather, the capability to squat heavy -- that is, the sum of a number of genetic predispositions including a large frame, robust bone structure, high hormone levels, full muscle "bellies", favorable tendon attachments, etc. -- was not disadvantageous.

Second, as has been mentioned, the physiological systems (musculoskeletal and neurological) involved in the squat are also involved in any number of physical feats.
>>
>>8392819
>Mark Ripped Toe

God damn that's a good name for a physical trainer. Should remove the last 3 letters though. Mark Ripped.
>>
>>8391597
>kicking a bear and stunning it
>doing anaerobic exersices and increasing your bodyweight will magically increase your cardio and resistance in long distance running.
/sci/ is full of faggots who think that know it all
>>
>>8392622
humans evolved with enhanced presition work, not unnecesary strenght
>>
>>8392442
You didn't actually answer the question at all. You simply stated how training works, which I don't think is news to anybody here.
>>
>>8391322
Bodies have not evolved to do certain tasks, bodies have evolved underlying mechanisms to make a variety of tasks possible.
>>
>>8391821
I don't think a chimp can do it, either.
>>
>>8391322
This question is pathetic. Why aren't you questioning how the fuck ants can carry more than 50 times their own weight??
>>
>>8392593
break my life into pieces, this is my last resort
>>
>>8391817
Apes have great strength in many of the lifts, but they fail when it comes to overhead pressing as their bodies are not mechanically suitable to complete such a move.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdhOdJ_NVao
>>
>>8392622
Humans have evolved to have more precise nervous systems. This is why we are able to type on a keyboard or write sentences.

Chimpanzees are unable to do this, but they have more strength because of the way their nervous system works.

--

Also, muscles naturally require more energy to remain unchanged, and because humans are naturally intelligent, we no longer needed strength to succeed.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.