[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can an actual physicist confirm my long held suspicions that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: the-polar-express-large-picture.jpg (170KB, 1878x828px) Image search: [Google]
the-polar-express-large-picture.jpg
170KB, 1878x828px
Can an actual physicist confirm my long held suspicions that riding the Polar Express would fucking kill you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COdoHpU_a8U
>>
Let's say they're travelling at around top speed, 90mph, and they descend a 179 degree track for 200m, wouldn't the air resistance alone fuck you up?
>>
>>8390708
If the Air resistance is greater than the gravitational pull, it will slow down to terminal velocity where the air resistance + friction equals the gravitational pull
>>
/sci/ would never know but railcars are absolutely filthy things, especially the roofs which are never ever washed. As a result it's very oily and anyone on top of them would likely slip off as there is no place to grip.
>>
>>8390708
No, absolutely not. People have jumped out of planes going faster than that.
>>
>>8391124
>>8391034
Wouldn't travelling at massive speeds down an almost vertical incline kill you? Jumpers from the WTC lost consciousness I think.
>>
>>8391090
Yet in India there's +50 people riding on top of each railroad car.
>>
>>8391555
no.

air resistance slows you down so you never go faster than 120 mph.
>>
>>8391581
how do jets go faster then?
>>
>>8391583
they have a rocket engine in the back.
>>
>>8391584
So you're basically invincible to any speed? Even if going down a massive drop in a train?
>>
>>8390701
Pretty sure nobody copuld survive the acceleration of levelling off after that last hill. If you were clinging on outside, your arms would be ripped off.
>>
>>8391598
Yeah dude, totally I'm sure. The Conductor is the true villain of the Polar Express. He lures children onto his steam train with hot chocolate and lies and then puts them through hell.

Your insides would feel like they were being ripped out.
>>
>>8390701
Yeah there's no fucking way they could have steered the train back onto the tracks like that.
>>
>>8391609
Train wheels have grooves and lock into the tracks. Might be possible desu. He did have his head out the window lining it up desu.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.