[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If our solar system were teleported out of our galaxy, would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1475225745445.jpg (38KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1475225745445.jpg
38KB, 657x527px
Was reading some stuff on how the supermassive blackholes at the center of galaxies affect the stellar evolution in the galaxy. So i'm curious, hypothetically, say our entire solar system were teleported outside the galaxy. Into just a big empty space. Nothing else around, no black holes, no dark matter, ect. All the orbital values stay the same, and the sun still puts put the same amount of energy.
Could this affect life on earth? And if so, what do you think, theoretically would happen to the orbit of the rest of the planets?
>>
/bump
>>
>>8386290
It would fuck up the earth's magnetic field by reducing its rotational velocidensity.
>>
>>8386505
The fuck is that?
>>
>>8386522
>he doesn't know
nigga do some research before you post here
>>
>>8386525
Ya could just be a real cool guy and tell me
>>
>>8386529
get out while you still can
>>
I have just been informed that there is no such thing as velocidensity
Why did i fall for that?
>>
>>8386522
Noone even noticed dubs
>>
>>8386290
>Was reading some stuff on how the supermassive blackholes at the center of galaxies affect the stellar evolution in the galaxy.
This is a complete lie. Wherever you read this, whether it be some pop-sci article or some shit tier textbook, it's absolute bullshit. Just wanted to stop in and set that straight, good day.
>>
>>8386548
Thank you. I didn't really believe it too much. Was just curious.
I asked a friend what he thought of my question and he said it'd be more likely that earth would be safer because there would be less drifting objects that risk impacting earth. Your thoughts?
>>
>>8386538
OP, one might say you're really velocidense.
>>
I think I read somewhere about how the dark matter concentrated in our galaxy could have affected ecosystems and potentially triggered a mass extinction once, can't remember where I read that htough
>>
>>8386561
I read that too. Something about dark matter getting inside the earth and forcing volcanic events or something of the sort
>>
>>8386558
Yeah i fell for the bait
>>
>>8386569
That sounds really implausible. How can they differentiate between volcanic events caused by dark matter and regular ol' volcanic events?
>>
>>8386505
>tfw /g/ was never good
>>
>>8386556
Any solid object at risk of hitting Earth is within our solar system. Gamma ray bursts can fuck us up from millions of light years away, however, and would do so with virtually no warning.
>>
File: ghfhtfd.png (791KB, 1336x615px) Image search: [Google]
ghfhtfd.png
791KB, 1336x615px
>>8386290

I don't think that the galaxy itself has an impact on our solar system.

But it's a pretty good question.
>>
File: 1466983973684.gif (370KB, 490x750px) Image search: [Google]
1466983973684.gif
370KB, 490x750px
>>8387179
>Gamma ray burst obliterates the earth in a split second
Waiting on this t b h f a m
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.