[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jesus i'm fucking stupid okay i would LOVE help from anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: ht_table3.gif (5KB, 433x297px) Image search: [Google]
ht_table3.gif
5KB, 433x297px
jesus i'm fucking stupid

okay i would LOVE help from anyone who could spare the time to help me with this

The beans must obtain 992 Joules of heat. The heat capacity is 4 J/(Celsuis x g) and the mass of the beans is 31 grams.

How much will the temp need to increase to cook the beans?

I'd also love if you could show any type of work.

understandable if you're busy, thank you for reading and THANK you for any help. it's beyond appreciated
>>
Q = mc(Tf-Ti)
>>
>>8382618
Well solve for C°: 991=4÷(C°*g).
I know you were being facetious, but do u now indeed see that u rly r stupid?
>>
>>8382650

bud, i'm well aware i'm stupid

that's why i'm asking for help.

even condescending help is appreciated
>>
8C
>>
>>8382618

I'm really no expert, but I think I can give an answer that also provides some intuition.

So a heat capacity of 4 J/(°C * g) means that if you give one gram of the beans 4 joules, the temperature goes up by one degree. Now suppose for a second we had one gram of the beans, if giving it 4 joules makes the temperature go up by one °C, then giving it 992 joules would give it 992 / 4 = 248 °C. Now, in your case it's 31 grams of the beans, not one gram, so those 992 joules or 248 °C get distributed over all 31 grams of the beans. In other words, 248 °C is 31 times too much, and so dividing 248 by 31 gives you the change in temperature required in °C (or Kelvin) over all 31 grams of the beans.

The beans.
>>
>>8382674

i can't even explain thanks enough. i have a headache trying to figure this out for 2 hours.

thank you soo fucking much man.

have a good day to anyone who helped or even tried helping
>>
>>8382622

This post is also correct, you can just fill in the formula Q = m*C*ΔT, where Q is energy in joules, m is mass in grams apparently, C is heat capacity and ΔT is the change in temperature. Just fill in the unknowns in that equation.

Who can remember formulas though? If you try to understand the intuition from my other answer, >>8382674, you can just apply that logic next time instead of memorizing a formulaCHRISTFUCK WHY AM I PUTTING SO MUCH ENERGY INTO THIS?

The beans.
>>
>>8382691
It's not your fault, it's a poorly worded question and is set up backwards from how you would use it every day.
>>
depends on the rate of transfer, also the outside of the bean will be hotter than the inside, so a minimum temperature and maximum time would be helpful
>>
>>8382706
>depends on the rate of transfer
no it doesn't

>the outside of the bean will be hotter than the inside
I don't think OP is going to start doing thermo modelling on a fucking bean.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.