[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think it's possible to graduate in physics with an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 001.jpg (53KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
53KB, 600x800px
Do you think it's possible to graduate in physics with an average IQ of 104, if you got the motivation?

I'm really interested in physics but not intelligent at all, however up spending a lot of time studying.
>>
hmm
>>
It has always seemed to me that grades equates to how hard you're willing to work rather than intelligence. Or maybe I'm just stupid lol! Do what you want OP.
>>
with additional 1-2 years and picking right professors i'd say 80% chance.
>>
IQ is a lie. Go ahead bro.
>>
>>8382428

You don't need to be really intelligent to get any degree imo. Because most of the time, exams are not designed to check if you really understood the subjects you were taught. Exams are designed to check if you can DO stuffs you were taught to do, again, again, and AGAIN (i.e in physics, put a "problem" into an equation, and solve said equation...). And when talking about physics, who REALLY understands what's going on anyway ?!

So to answer your question : yes it is, if you're willing to work hard.

However, be careful. Try to really assess what you like about physics, because you may be disappointed about the way things will be taught to you, and about the kind of work you'll have to do to pass your exams. Plus, don't graduate in physics for the sake of graduating in physics. Plan ahead, what are your plans for the future ? etc... Getting the degree in one thing, being good enough to do what you want to do is another thing.

TLDR : very likely to graduate if working hard, but, more importantly, don't forget to really assess your motivations before enrolling.

Good luck.
>>
>>8382428
IMO, having a high IQ can be prohibitive to productivity. People with high IQ's, I've noticed, are adept at logically rationalizing irrational ideas. IQ is simply a measure of basic, cognitive potential.

If you're focused and determined to understand physics (or any subject), then there are no limits to what is possible. The maths you'll use are daunting at first, but come to be easy and natural with repetition. The real challenge is forming an intuitive understanding of the systems you're studying.

IQ is like horsepower in a car. A car with a lot of horsepower might get from point A to point B faster, but any car that can continue forward progress and maintain its direction will accomplish the same goal -- probably even more "safely."
>>
>all the fucking community college trash who keep droning about the "lol just do repetition" meme
Get the fuck out of my sight you plebs. Repetition accomplishes literally nothing. You progress by going into harder and harder problems. Repeating problems similar to what you have already done is nothing but a psychological crutch to make you feel good about yourself.
If a problem is "plug and chug something you read in the course", you're not doing the right problem.
>>
I'm a third year physics major .

Undergraduate degrees being difficult is a meme.

at prestigious schools, your grade is inflated
at shitty state schools, the classes just aren't that hard

People are just complete fucking brainlets. Anyone with an ounce of motivation and common sense can make it through without too much difficulty.

Either that I'm more autism than I think I am.
>>
>>8382428
C's get degrees
>>
>>8382428
FTR i have an iq of 105, though i think IQ tests are definitely a meme.

I am about to finish a double major in physics and math. So, yeah, you could totally do it.
>>
>>8382434
This.

I'm not very smart. But I bust my ass and have a 4.0. I just took my GRE for grad school and did pretty shitty on it. But my GPA is so damn competitive that I still have a shot at the graduate school I want.

It's all up to your work ethic and not being lazy to do well in school.
>>
you can literally get a physics BACHELORS with an IQ of 85

so go ahead, but you may have problems at the Ph.D. level
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.