[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well... I'm fucked. This is our drinking water coming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 20160930_094609.jpg (645KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160930_094609.jpg
645KB, 2048x1152px
Well...

I'm fucked.

This is our drinking water coming out of our well pump system.
>>
Who gives a shit what it looks like, what are the test results?
>>
>>8382229
If you read Opie's upside down picture, tue color is the test result. It's positive for bacteria.
>>
Just boil it before drinking/cooking with it.
>>
>>8382234

He said that this is the water directly out of the pump system. I guess the only thing we can tell for sure is that OP is a faggot.
>>
>>8382215
Apparently, I can bleach my well. I basically pour a bottle of bleach down there. But to me it just seems like a temporary solution for a permanent problem. What is the bacteria are coming from the reservoir? They say that those bacteria, E coli, only come from animals basically leaving their excrement near the well pipe going down.

But I don't even know if this is E Coli. The description says that it could be a dangerous bacteria. But it doesn't say what bacteria is. I guess trying to find out what bacteria is doesn't really matter. Since his dangerous regardless. I am really curious though. I would like to know what kind of bacteria is in there.

This test cost at me like 20 bucks. And I only had one test of each of the kinds. I'm going to have to buy more tests, to see if my ways of cleaning the water are actually working. I think I'm going to buy one of those water disinfectant UV lamps that you connect into your piping system.
>>
You have a well.
That probably means you have a septic system.
I would start there.
>>
>>8382215
>>8382246
Yeah, bleach will more than likely do it. You may need to do it a few times and will take a while. Just remember that it doesn't mean it is bad for you. You'll never completely get rid of all bacteria, there's probably 10-40 types in your drinking water at any one time. You will also need to take into account the company you are buying the tests from. Do they advertise water filtration options? If they do, they may be fear mongering for $$$.

You need a microscope with about 2000x or more power to be able to identify it "easily".
>>
>>8382215
Fuck. If your water's coming out upside down you have a serious problem
>>
>>8382253
>2000x microscope

Shit. I was going to buy one anyway for other various purposes. Shit, that's genius. Thanks Anon. I'm not going to spend money on more tests if I can just identify the bacteria.

Shit, I'll probably be so grossed out that I won't even drink it even with a water filter.
>>
>>8382248
Septic systems are required to be 200 ft from any well. The well is 200 ft down. So that means the seweage needs to spill over the spillway into the trench and out to the leech field then through 400 ft of sediment. It would be way too filtered by then.
>>
>>8382587
>Shit, that's genius.
no, it's a fucking stupid idea. a scope with objectives and eyepieces that aren't complete garbage is going to set you back at least a grand, and that's not including stains or more complex systems like phase contrast scopes.

besides, visual identification will tell you basically nothing beyond "there are small cells there". you might be able to distinguish between, say, rod-shaped or spherical microbes, but that information is not very useful
>>
>>8382620
If he was gonna dump a grand into one anyways I don't see the problem...
>>
>>8382597
Yeah in a perfect world all those things would be true and nothing would ever break
>>
>>8382641
The problem is that even if he drops a grand on a scope that can see bacteria he's still not going to be able to identify them.
>>
>>8382215
>Aussie water
figures
>>
>put sodium hypochlorite in the well (very small amounts will do, look it up)
>get a activated carbon water filter
>if too lazy for the above, build a distillation setup out of a beer keg and copper pipes with a propane burner as the heat source; take mineral tablets to offset drinking distilled water
>>
What u need is fluoride
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.