[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do you nerds keep studying science when this guy already

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: athene.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
athene.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
Why do you nerds keep studying science when this guy already finished it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbh5l0b2-0o
>>
>>8381224
I wonder if this video was part of his persona or if he's an airhead in real life.
>>
>>8381233
airhead

depressing how millions of people fall for this genius
>>
File: tumblr_m7wjenXLjb1r6wog4.png (72KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m7wjenXLjb1r6wog4.png
72KB, 500x345px
>>8381224
I FUCKING HATE PSEUDOSCIENCE. I FUCKING WANT TO KILL FUCKING EVERYBODY.
>>
>>8381224
Is this video worth watching?
>>
>>8382154
> Some random videoblogger (with no education, correct me if I am wrong).
> Tells that he has achieved some groundbreaking result in neuroscience AND physics.
> 50 minutes video.
> Is it worth watching?
Only if you've got crackpot fetish.
>>
>>8382159
I did a bit of 'research' on this, apparently (from people who actually managed to force themselves to watch it) he just regurgitates a bunch of other peoples research strung together with logical fallacies and sometimes simply makes things up.
>>
File: rip_timecube.jpg (399KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rip_timecube.jpg
399KB, 1920x1080px
>>8382159
>Only if you've got crackpot fetish.
SOLD!

(I love me some Time Cube!)
>>
>>8381224
>>8382154
I'm gritting my teeth while watching this - but I'm having trouble sleeping, and the Carl Segan'esque voice, coupled with the snoopy alpha wave music, seems to be helping.

So far, it's largely drawing assumptions from commonly accepted scientific theory that isn't *way* outta bounds, but some stuff is, as per usual, taken out of context.

However, unlike most of these sort of quacks, at around 22:30 he does thoroughly shoot down the idea that "the mind controls the universe" and that "positive thinking magically fixes everything" (not that doesn't help - it's just the magic part that irks me), specifically calling such beliefs debilitating pseudoscience. So, there's that, at least.

If I'm still awake at the end, I may report back, but so far it does seem to be more of the "We're all connected! We're all one!" hogwash, holding certain partial truths on high above others for the sake of selling a point. ...Though, in the end, every "documentary" does that, I suppose, tis just human nature to try to be right.
>>
>>8383056
I miss timecube
>>
File: 1473195097244.png (259KB, 450x482px) Image search: [Google]
1473195097244.png
259KB, 450x482px
Because I want to understand. To be honest, I don't think I'll ever reach any big results if I even get the chance to become a researcher, and thus it all comes back to me. I want to understand.

And just by looking at the CGI neuron synapse as the videos preview picture, I know the video won't cover stuff I'm into. A theory of everything usually covers only the physical world.
>>
>>8382154
It's not even fun crackpot stuff, he's so boring
>>
>plays video games for a living
>his opinion being valid in any kind or form
>>
>>8381224
isn't this guy a fucking streamer or something? why the fuck is he making a video like this?
>>
>>8383365
He made that back when was just a youtube celeb, there weren't many of those around his time.
>>
>>8383284
The second half is a physics Theory of Everything piece - though it dabbles a bit in consciousness as it relates to time.

Was too tired to digest it, but it involved solving GUT through a 2D->3D holographic universe model, which I believe a recently laser experiment kinda threw out the window awhile ago. ...and that oscillating matter/anti-matter thing leading to the progression of time theory, that I can't recall the name of... Involves Masons? Meh, sleep...
>>
File: 1474989191962.jpg (83KB, 766x766px) Image search: [Google]
1474989191962.jpg
83KB, 766x766px
>>8383475
Right. I think I'll just spare myself and not watch the video at all.
>>
>>8383757
Probably wise... The first part's nothing new (more about outlook and philosophy than science), and the second part was convoluted as hell. It maybe this was all oversimplified, and the guy behind the video is more interesting, but I've not delved into that.
>>
vodka has 50% alcohol
there
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.