[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: tricks you developped to help you understand/memorize harder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nu43vdI2kx1uvq3s5o1_1280.png (155KB, 1021x1131px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nu43vdI2kx1uvq3s5o1_1280.png
155KB, 1021x1131px
ITT: tricks you developped to help you understand/memorize harder stuff

I remember when I was in Calculus 1, I started associating noises to my differentiation formulas.

Exemple: d/dx[x^r]=rx^r-1 was the simplest noise (just my mouth swallowing some air slowly and faster toward the end). d/dx[sinx]=cosx was a sort of metallic sound made with my teeth and my tongue (all trigo. functions were metallic sounds btw).
I started using them at first with numerators/denominators in exponents (Idk I was dumb) and then I used them for the calculus.

People kind of laughed during exams but I knew their grades werent as good as mine and the only reason they werent doing it was because they were shy. Im in my Math master's now and I still use these tricks desu they are really helpful.
>>
>>8380448
>faggotized nonsense
>/sci/ is muh blog
ok
>>
I find that the more odd or funny a mnemonic is, the more effective it is. For example, when my friend and I were studying for the SATs way back in high school, he came up with this mnemonic for the word 'aspersion.'
"If someone started spreading rumors that I was an ass-person, I would be very mad." His mnemonic for remembering that 'singe' is French for monkey was "that goddamned monkey singed my eyebrows off."

What I'm trying to say is don't be afraid to get creative, even silly.
>>
>>8380454
Can I speak for everyone that ever learned Latin that we have come up with the most embarrassing mnemonics no-one should know about?
>>
>>8382366
It's embarassing enough that you learned Latin.
>>
>>8380448
Could you explain a bit more how you managed to associate those mouth movements/noises with the things you are talking about? I'm having a hard time imagining how that would be possible. Like licking your teeth while you read something over and over to memorize it?
>>
>>8380448
>was the simplest noise (just my mouth swallowing some air slowly and faster toward the end)
Did your classmates have to deal with you making cocksucking noises during the exams?
>>
>>8380448
Seems like a waste of time that could otherwise be used for reading the manual.
Also OCD
>>
The problem with mnemonics is that they solidify and then you can't get rid of them.
I finished my PhD and I still have socahtoah running in my head whenever I start a trig calculation.
>>
>>8382563
*sohcahtoa
>>
>>8382561
Also i just taught you a trick: the textbook is a manual
>>
>>8380448
Aren't you taught differentiation in high schools in USA, are you?
>>
a あ is checking dubs (thanks /a/)

fu ふ is like a swan/bird (fugl)/fueathers

wa わ is pointing at vagoo (or pointing at watashi if you prefer that)

to と is a toe

it is entry tier to use it for just the syllable ones sure but it works for learning them really quickly

>>8382566
I still go through that one too
except I have to pause to validate because opposite starts with h in my language (as well as hypotenuse), so yeah
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.