[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think /sci/- whats going to be the absolute final

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: leonardo-da-vinci-helicopter.jpg (55KB, 567x392px) Image search: [Google]
leonardo-da-vinci-helicopter.jpg
55KB, 567x392px
What do you think /sci/- whats going to be the absolute final humanity invention in the future? The most difficult thing that mankind ever create?

- Jump drive?
- Time-machine?
- Dyson sphere?
- AI?
- Parralel/Interdimensional-world travel machine?
>>
>>8377792
Time machine would be the pinnacle.
>>
>>8377846
Are you from the future, posting among us having a laugh while you change the future now? Whoa.
>>
>>8377792
The ability to detect the formation of bubble universes and jump in them, thus ensuring that we survive the heat death of the cosmos.
I mean that's probably not gonna happen but yeah that would be pretty final.
>>
>>8377846
But if we assume that many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics is true wouldn't it mean that time-machine is just restricted version of interdimensional travel machine?
>>
>>8377972
probably
>>
>>8377792

>The most difficult thing that mankind ever create?

It's already been created, it's the concept of the computer program.

>Computer programs are the most complex things that humans make.”
― Douglas Crockford

Computer programs can be deeper in complexity than the natural universe. And in the case of compiled languages, all the mainstream ones have compilers written in themselves, which is pretty crazy to think about.
>>
>>8378362
CS monkey detected

>Computer programs can be deeper in complexity than the natural universe.

just like the whole field of mathematics.
>>
>>8378374

Mathematics is a discovery, not an invention.
>>
>>8378374
>math is more complex than the hidden variables and hidden laws of physics yet to be found
holy kek
>>
>>8378401
so some formal systems (cs languages) are inventions while others (mathematics in general) are discoveries?
>>
>>8377792
the abbility to bring people back to life.
essentially, reverse the entropy of the universe.
>>
the physical universe is a programming language
dna is a type of software
>>
>>8378419

Programming languages are an invention because you get something physical out of them. No amount of writing mathematics on a piece of paper is going to make anything happen in the real world.
>>
The Triple Integral

Once we solve that, the Big Crunch immediately happens and the universe restarts
>>
>>8378409
which will be described by established mathematics by then
>>
>>8378503

for (int i=0; i<3; i++)
{
solve_integral();
}

You're welcome.
>>
>>8377792
Did none of you read the last question? It will be an AI that can reverse entropy.

Duh.
>>
>>8378519

t. god
>>
>>8378536
But what then? I understand that for now it sounds like the final question. But if something solves it, what will that entity do on its eternal jorney through the time.
>>
>>8377792
A device which spawns matter out of nowhere would be the pinnacle
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.