[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>you will not fly to mars because the ticket price will start

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

File: 1471173089904.jpg (29KB, 960x498px) Image search: [Google]
1471173089904.jpg
29KB, 960x498px
>you will not fly to mars because the ticket price will start over a million bucks
>>
>>8377571
>take out loan for million bucks
>take trip to mars
>no banks on mars so they can't collect
>nothing left on earth to repossess
>the cost of retrieving me and jailing me on earth is more than what I owe
Yeah they sure got me.
>>
>>8377571
>What are essential personnel?
Implying that counts for people who will be needed upon Mars for colonisation, such as: doctors, engineers; mechanics, et cetera.
>>
File: 1474683610035.jpg (31KB, 601x843px) Image search: [Google]
1474683610035.jpg
31KB, 601x843px
>>8377571
Maybe if you majored in computer science you would have enough money.
>>
>>8377571
>you will not fly to mars because there is absolutely no reason for it
>>
>>8377589
fuck off

>>8377587
i´m a math student but i don´t really think that one of any needed groups would travel for free

>>8377584
your family has to take the costs then. not what i want to do to my closest gene pool
>>
>>8377619
Astronauts pay for their stay on space stations, or the travel into space, or even to go to the moon? Boy, I didn't know they were secretly economic elite. Oh wait, they aren't.

What's more likely in their abilities are needed, the fee is waved in exchange for them rendering their services. Y'know? Like employment. :^)
>>
>>8377639
yeah but that just means someone else has to cover the price like a scholarship. how would that look like? the chance of you getting a company (even space x) or a fanatic richfag to pay for it are pretty low.
>>
>>8377657
Ah yes, because they're going to build a colony on Mars by bankrupting the people they need to start and operate that colony? Fucking hell, how do you not understand?
>>
File: 1449963601620.png (222KB, 915x694px) Image search: [Google]
1449963601620.png
222KB, 915x694px
>>8377645
sounds interesting i got it ok? the thing is that i don´t know how to pay for my travel. damn we have to get women motivated into this project too. this is one of the main problems. i don´t know how we can get this egocentric humans to breed at all. well besides with jamal. there are like 2 decent women who would do that.
>>
File: jaded feel frog.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
jaded feel frog.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>you will never sit in a SpaceX shuttle as it explodes
>>
>>8377672
Become useful to the colonisation of space. For instance, my ambition is it to die on the surface of an Earth analogue, that way I would know that I would have left behind a legacy and given humanity the chance to circumvent the inexorable collapse of our planet. I am well aware this will probably not happen, but why not strive toward something?

This is the same reason I'm pursuing nuclear engineers, because I see that nuclear energy, certainly fusion, is the way forward for humanity to halt the energy crisis. Not to mention, such skills as nuclear engineering would be useful to space colonisation.

In short, take up a STEM profession that will be useful for SpaceX.
>>
File: 1455839022828.jpg (38KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
1455839022828.jpg
38KB, 500x750px
>>8377663
i aim for a pH.D but until i have one i need to save money aswell. i pay around 40% taxes here in germany. i´m planning to move to the us but that will take time and money aswell. there is no way i can just save 1 million bucks. or even 500k. i would just be too old the time i got it. it would not be worth it. space x needs the money per person.
>>
>>8377685
See this: >>8377683
And look into this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Engineering_mathematics
>>
>>8377683
>This is the same reason I'm pursuing nuclear engineers, because I see that nuclear energy, certainly fusion, is the way forward for humanity to halt the energy crisis
if you are speaking the truth then you have all my respect man. people have to learn how to control dangerous things. just because some nips and russians fucked things up doesn´t mean that we should drop it.
>>
>>8377692
Thank you, I honestly think it is rather sad that politicians are willing to risk humanities longevity simply for something to fear-monger as a means for control.
>>
>>8377588
What do you do for a living and what is your salary?
>>
>>8377571
There are cheaper ways to live in a cramped smelly cabin in a boring desert for the rest of your life, eating plants grown from your own shit and only consume the entertainment media you have brought with you.
>>
>>8377835
>Herr derr Internet won't be possible due to long wat times despite advances in quantum communications. Derp the colony will never develop a broadcasting company or launch satellites of their own. Derp we're never going to get a greenhouse going to grow crops for everyone.

You're right it'll just be me, my shit food and my huckleberry Finn copy on Mars forever.
>>
>>8377932
>hurr durr
>we will invent technology that will make your argument invalid
>but right now it is indeed shit

Make this shitty thread again when we actually have that technology
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.