[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The biggest meteor we've seen in years crashed yest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: asteroid1[1].jpg (22KB, 607x342px) Image search: [Google]
asteroid1[1].jpg
22KB, 607x342px
>The biggest meteor we've seen in years crashed yesterday to the coast of Queensland, Australia.

/x/ was right.
/sci/ can suck it >:)

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-09-27/fireball-meteor-sets-jaws-dropping-across-central-queensland/7879800

http://www.express.co.uk/news/science/714528/METEOR-SMASHES-AUSTRALIA-space-rock-queensland

https://www.rt.com/viral/360829-meteor-crashes-queensland-australia/

>If the giant meteor missed the ocean and crashed off to the urban areas, there would be hundreds of causalties and millions of dollars worth of damage.

/sci/ on suicide watch
>>
>no casualties
I don't get why anyone would care then
>>
File: ADDITIONAL_PYLONS_by_mikehippop2.jpg (535KB, 900x1067px) Image search: [Google]
ADDITIONAL_PYLONS_by_mikehippop2.jpg
535KB, 900x1067px
>"I put the cup of water onto a crystal tray and I lay down on the bed and seconds after lying on the bed, the crystal started tingling," she said.
>'The crystal started tingling'

ayy lmao
>>
File: 1468759398396.jpg (121KB, 744x643px) Image search: [Google]
1468759398396.jpg
121KB, 744x643px
>>8377008
>/x/ was right.
When did /x/ say this was going to happen?

More importantly, when did /sci/ say that meteors didn't exist?
>>
>>8377085
see
>>8361273
>>
File: 1EJUlqy.jpg (37KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1EJUlqy.jpg
37KB, 460x460px
>>8377090
"Big old asteroid"?
"Detonations"?
"Debris Field"?

Nah, /x/ is still /x/, /sci/ is still /sci/.
Trolls on suicide watch if this is all ya got.
>>
>>8377052
coz next time it will fall on your dog
>>
>>8377179
>chance to win powerball
>1 in 292 million
>chance of dieing from global asteroid impact
>1 in 75 thousand

It's more likely than you think.
>>
a 1 meter meteors hit earth all the time
>>
>>8377008
>size of a small suitcase
>millions of dollars worth of damages
nah you're a cunt
>>>/x/
>>
File: retard.jpg (220KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
retard.jpg
220KB, 1440x810px
>>8377008

OP, hundres of meteor impact in the earth every day/week/month/year, most of them will burn in the atmosphere, and soon or later, one will pass through the atmosphere and hit somewhere.

But... if you believe in asteroids that could destroy our planet soon, you are going to spend a lot of time of waiting.

You should learn how space works for us.

And for this thread...>>8361273
Watch this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4VyxR7dOFQ
>>
File: XhatCo4k.jpg (24KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
XhatCo4k.jpg
24KB, 600x600px
>>8377245
And sorry for my grammar, english is not my native language.
>>
>>8377090
So, basically, fucking nothing then.
>>
>>8377191
That isn't how you do statistics.

You need to know the number of humans in all of history who have died due to an asteroid impact. Then you need to know how many people have lived on earth to date.

That's your ratio. The first number happens to still be 0 because the one in India is now said to not be a meteor.

So your chances are,

0/107,602,707,791 which is still = 50/50
>>
According to the tin foil hat crowd, the rest of the asteroid is about a week behind. Or it was successfully nuked into pebbles by NASA, and the proof will be when nothing happens.
>>
>>8377008
>>:)
>>>/kys/
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.