[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby is going to start differential calculus today. You faggots

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1473522450388.jpg (35KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1473522450388.jpg
35KB, 720x960px
Baby is going to start differential calculus today. You faggots want to give some tips/guidance?
>>
File: 1474301565751.jpg (38KB, 306x469px) Image search: [Google]
1474301565751.jpg
38KB, 306x469px
P.s.

I'll only be working with displacement and velocity along straight lines
>>
>>8372025
learn the power rule
>>
File: 1474048717661.jpg (42KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1474048717661.jpg
42KB, 720x720px
>>8372029

P.p.s

I'm also a bong
>>
>>8372025

differential calculus is a lie

it pretends to solve a very narrow set of non-linear equations which amount to 0.01% of modern engineering problems.

you are learning how to use rock for catching fish, fish.
>>
I also won't be given proofs for things like limits, but I may look them up myself.
>>
>>8372025
Let me guess, M1 ?
>>
>>8372025
Download a free program called GeoGebra, if you haven't already.

There's a lot to it that I haven't explored yet, but what makes it great for calculus is once you define a function, you can instantly graph its derivative just by inputting f'(X). Really handy for checking your work.

Also makes it really easy to insert graphs into text documents.
>>
>>8372056
Its just the rate at which something changes with respect to something else. Derivative of a constant is 0. Derivative of a variable without an exponent or coefficient is 1. Understanding limits approaching 0 or infinity is good.

>>8372041
Either troll or moron. I'm leaning towards troll because 99.9% of engineering uses derivatives. Sure, lots of stuff can be approximated with a linear equation, but those usually rely on having taken a derivative before.
>>
>>8373757

I'm supposed to use Maxima
>>
>>8373776
>Derivative of a constant is 0.
I get it, because it doesnt change, its constant

>Derivative of a variable without an exponent or coefficient is 1
>variable
Why?
>>
Just remember the covariant components of your tensor are denoted with the index below, with the the components of the new basis below

[math]\displaystyle T'_{ij} = \frac{\partial x^l}{\partial x'^i}\frac{\partial x^m}{\partial x'^j} T_{ij}[/math]

While the contravariant components have are the exact of opposite of that, the index is on top, with the components of the new basis on top.

[math]\displaystyle T'^{ij} = \frac{\partial x'^i}{\partial x^l}\frac{\partial x'^j}{\partial x^m} T^{ij}[/math]

Remember only one, so you know the other is the opposite and you don't fuck it up in the middle of the test.
>>
>>8374834
It has to do with the power. If you have x^2, then the derivative is (2)x^1=2x. Likewise, x^1 is then (1)x^0. Any number to the zeroith power is 1. So (1)x^0=(1)(1).

The general formula is quite simple, where (ax^n)dx= (n)ax^(n-1). And (a) is simply a coefficient.

There are formulas of the derivatives for different functions, as different functions behave differently. The formula I mentioned is only for powers, but if you're only dealing with straight lines then you dont need to know the derivative of an Ln function or sin functions.
>>
Remember the power rule, chain rule, product rule, quotient rule. remember common trig derivatives and maybe hyperbolic ones if you're going into that. That's all there is pretty much.
>>
Sleep tight, prince of Turkey
>>
>>8374834
The rate of change of a variable with respect to itself is 1. It's the same as if you graphed y = x. The slope is just 1.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.