[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I see many IQ threads here every day. I really wish we could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: beethovenorange.jpg (126KB, 500x303px) Image search: [Google]
beethovenorange.jpg
126KB, 500x303px
I see many IQ threads here every day. I really wish we could have a certain way to verify the IQ’s of historical figures like Beethoven, Shakespeare, Michelangelo and Einstein. I really bet that many of the greatest geniuses of history would score under 140 points (maybe even lower than 130-135 points), and I would like to see the reaction of the Mensa people, or of people who put IQ scores above everything else.

Beethoven, for example, had problems with simple math problems, and much of his production was fruit of hundreds of drafts and corrections: he used a lot of paper, slowly modeling the structure of his music. Yet some estimates put his IQ on the house of 1651 points.

Da Vinci had difficulties with algebra, and his understanding of math was mostly related to simple concepts of geometry. His “inventions” were mostly impossible to be created, and were mostly works of the imagination. Yet the estimation of his IQ is 180.

Shakespeare never did anything out of the real of words, and his works don’t show any especial interest in mathematics or even in the scientific questions of his day. His IQ estimation? 210 points to some researchers!!!2

I don’t doubt there is a lot of truth in IQ testing, that there is a great correlation between mental capacities and the results one gets in such testing, but I doubt that many of the people considered to be the greatest examples of what humanity is capable off would achieve outstanding results. I think we would get a lot of giants scoring “only” around the house of 125-130 points.

1: http://www.iqcomparisonsite.com/cox300.aspx

2: http://www.eoht.info/page/IQ+tables
>>
>>8348099
Have you considered that maybe those estimates aren't reliable (or full of shit)?
>>
>>8348109
>Have you considered that maybe those estimates aren't reliable (or full of shit)?

I am sure of it.
>>
It's a meme for brainlets. I used to get mad about this too. I felt like IQ autistics "stole" my idols and belittled their work by conscripting true genius into this pseudo-scientific smegmafest. Then I realized that I was the fool for even wasting my anger on these people.
>>
>>8348187
This
>>
IQ =/= math knowledge
The guesses are bullshit but still
>>
>>8348099

This is Mozart's routine:

"At six o’clock in the morning I have my hair dressed, and have finished my toilet by seven o’clock. I write till nine. From nine to one I give lessons. I then dine, unless I am invited out, when dinner is usually at two o’clock, sometimes at three, as it was to-day, and will be to-morrow at Countess Zichi’s and Countess Thun’s. I cannot begin to work before five or six o’clock in the evening, and I am often prevented doing so by some concert; otherwise I write till nine o’clock. I then go to my dear Constanze, though our pleasure in meeting is frequently embittered by the unkind speeches of her mother, which I will explain to my father in my next letter. Thence comes my wish to liberate and rescue her as soon as possible. At half-past ten or eleven I go home, but this depends on the mother’s humor, or on my patience in bearing it. Owing to the number of concerts, and also the uncertainty whether I may not be summoned to one place or another, I cannot rely on my evening writing, so it is my custom (especially when I come home early) to write for a time before going to bed. I often sit up writing till one, and rise again at six."

How can one be so productive and do so much 10/10 level art-work when one sleeps so few hours?

https://www.brainpickings.org/2016/01/27/mozart-daily-routine/
>>
>>8349718

Do you think that one can achieve great things, like Beethoven or Shakespeare, with an IQ on the level of 125-130?
>>
>>8349754
People have probably achieved great things with less than that.
>>
penicilline inventor forgot sandwich on table.
keywords: forgot, sandwich, penicilline
>>
>>8349754
That's probably the minimum required.
>>
Mensa = a bunch of brainlets who got in by practicing IQ tests daily.
>>
>>8348099
>I see many IQ threads here every day
>let me start a new one
>>
>>8349754
>Do you think people can achieve x with this pseudoscientific value in their pinneal gland?
TOP KEK
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.