[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CS week 3 >go to obligatory group work class >mfw they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1430001511019.jpg (28KB, 726x677px) Image search: [Google]
1430001511019.jpg
28KB, 726x677px
CS week 3
>go to obligatory group work class
>mfw they force people into study groups in uni

>everyone has to analyze an algorithm in groups
>ezpz
>one guy doesn't get it
>I already don't like this guy, he tries to take control and is ignorant

>some other group mates try to explain it
>he keeps implying that he understands it followed by doing it wrong again
>because of his retarded pride, he can't handle being weak in areas
>mfw he yells at me "ANON, WHY DON'T YOU PARTICIPATE IN THE GROUP" to guide everyone's attention away from his continuous acts of failure

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Is there some way I can accelerate the inevitable fact that he is going to drop out?
>>
Kill him.
>>
>>8347804
Math week 9934834983

>No group work at all

Feels good. Get a good degree, faggot.
>>
>>8347883
Yes, do it.
>>
Will it get better?
>>
>cs year 2
>research assistantship obtained
>get half the credits I need per semester by working with masters and PhD candidates who are all top-tier

Git gud op
>>
What you need to do is call him out. Ask him what work he has done besides demanding the group explain themselves to him. Or just tell the group or the instructor that he is making things uncomfortable, so the group is achieving less than if he actually participated in the work.
>>
Voice yourself. He wants to have someone speak up. He took control because being in the group made him uncomfortable and now he cant take the pressure he imagined in his head so hes freaking out. Be nice, voice yourself and tell him to calm the fuck down.
>>
>>8347804
Beat your chest like the alpha primate you are and push him to the ground. Let your mighty fingers smash unto the keyboard the correct methods and let him know how much of a runt he is to the group. Once you receive grades for the procedure, presumably an A, demand to the professor or TA that he receive no credit as he contributed nothing to the group and lie that he admitted to ride along just for the grade. Soon after he'll be called in after lecture for a word with the professor, who will fail him for academic dishonesty. Watch the tears run down his face when the professor tells him he's being failed and will likely be brought up with the dean of students and suspended or even expelled for cheating his way through lab like the sick pond scum he is, and smile all the while.

Or just help him through it like a normal human
>>
>>8348057
I like the first one better.

Anyways, being academic should not include riding on others backs instead of contribution yourself.

The problem I've experienced is that people who are like the guy I explained, won't ever have anything to contribute thus only being a leech.
>>
File: cody.jpg (52KB, 492x510px) Image search: [Google]
cody.jpg
52KB, 492x510px
>>8347804
>same boat
>miss first week
>groups already established
>discuss with group next to me but do hw solo
>a few of them having trouble understanding prop logic and matricies
>turn in my own group hw
>prof doesn't give a fuck
>mfw I get to help people but don't have my grades depend on them
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.