[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you get a lab partner that rarely shows up to class,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1469405089878.png (115KB, 482x428px) Image search: [Google]
1469405089878.png
115KB, 482x428px
>tfw you get a lab partner that rarely shows up to class, doesn't respond to email and doesn't seem to have any interest in completing the labs/assignments properly
Is there literally anything fucking worse?
>>
>>8343771
>You get a student who whines to you at the eleventh hour begging for his grades because his lab partner was shit. However, he was too autistic to just tell the professor that his partner wasn't working hard enough.
>>
>>8343773
I fully intend to throw him under the bus if it comes to that.
>>
>>8343771
Nigga what kind of school do you go to where you need your lab partner to do the assignment?

Like every basic lab I've ever had/ran at multiple schools have had students work together to do the lab itself, then do their own independent report.

I say basic because I've seen group lab stuff but only for senior year capstone-like courses where your group is turning in like a 40+ page lab report every week. And you choose your own groups for those.
>>
>>8343781
just do it. at my school my professors even encourage it.
>>
>>8343771
I have one I think is worst:

>lab partner loves it
>wants to have it properly
>is willing to spend hours on it with you
>...
>is completely incompetent at everything
>you end up spending hours with him doing the lab on your own the most convoluted way possible
>>
>>8344670
at least he's honest and willing to help where he can, asshole
>>
>>8343771
Yes.

Feminists. Bronies. Maskers. Furries. People who believe transgenders are actually whatever gender they are pretending to be. Neo-Nazis. BLM.

I could go on...
>>
>>8343771
I spent 3-ish hours walking a (computer science) masters student through how to use Git for a group lab assignment on... using Git, shortly after a 2.5 hour lecture on... using Git.
>>
File: 1473489117362.jpg (19KB, 280x400px) Image search: [Google]
1473489117362.jpg
19KB, 280x400px
>>8343771
>mfw i'll eat a bad grade on a group project just to not be a cuck

my test scores will save me. that other guy is fucked.
>>
>>8343771
Sounds like a dream, OP. I work better by myself and dumbshit lab partners just hold me back and make me stay longer.
>>
>>8344670
>>8345879

This

Group work always ends up taking twice as long to accomplish to something relative to working alone

People are retarded
>>
>>8343771
Yes, the lab partner that does all of that AND then shows up after you leave to redo the lab thinking you messed it up after you did it all correctly. Then submits their version as the team project, which is trash, thinking they are helping you and publicly tells everyone about it leading to numerous bad social situations.

Thank goodness I had submitted a preliminary draft for feedback before hand, as the huge drop in quality got the teacher to ask what the heck as they were thinking of just dropping us from the required class after seeing the newer version. If it weren't for that professor stepping up and me having a timestamped draft on file to support my claims it could have ruined more than a year of my life with residual social stigma and a forced withdraw letter.

So yes it can always be worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.