[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

sup /sci/ looked in the wiki and couldn't find anything.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG20160301WA0000.jpg (37KB, 480x591px) Image search: [Google]
IMG20160301WA0000.jpg
37KB, 480x591px
sup /sci/
looked in the wiki and couldn't find anything. could you guys recommend me some good books on DC brushless motor design?
>>
>>8343671

read some TI datasheets
>>
>>8343701
do they give you design guidelines for motors? it's not the controller I'm trying to make
>>
>>8343777

No, are you actually trying to make a brushless DC motor?

I assumed you were trying to design something that just uses one
>>
>>8343797
yes, i already have a working motor -let's just say i have access to the necessary tools and machinery.
I'm an EE, but they don't teach you how to design motors in university, and I'm not sure I've been reading the best literature available (not that I've been able to find much) I just need some tips to make the design more efficient. I'd really appreciate any tips!
>>
>>8343827

From what I understand, a lot of the design of a BLDC motor is the control system.

Essentially all a BLDC motor has is 2 bearings, a rotor and some coils. Mechanically they are very simple. The advantage of a BLDC motor is the control system. Since they aren't brushed, you can use sinusoidal signals to drive the coils, which can be made better than the timing a brush will give you.

What that means is the more coils you have the more room for optimization. If you want to improve efficiency, add more coils and change your controller.

Also check out TI datasheets like I said before
>>
>>8343874
first of all, thanks for the input! I really appreciate it.
well, as you say, a BLDC motor is 'essentially' simple, that's the only reason I was able to quickly get a working prototype with the general knowledge about electromechanics I got in university (plus doing some reverse engineering on a commercially available product). But once you start fine tuning, looking for power efficiency and a smoother behavior, details in the geometry (shape of the stator and rotor, air gaps, etc.) come into play. These are the things I'm hoping to find some literature about. I think I've come to a dead end regarding how much I can tune my controller, and I've probably overlooked a thousand things when designing the parts.
I really hope some anon has experience in this area and is willing to lend me a hand!
>>
There's books on amazon on motor design.

Also try simulations for optimizing.
>>
>>8343996
will look for some titles over there, any specific one you could name?
>>
>>8343671
Is that what an uncircumcised penis looks like?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.