[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>science >it ain't free Any decent journals out there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: science.png (44KB, 1009x490px) Image search: [Google]
science.png
44KB, 1009x490px
>science
>it ain't free
Any decent journals out there that don't cost an arm and a leg? Am poor uni student interested in microbiology/biochemistry, genetics, pathology, and urgent care medicine
>>
>>8341879
doesn't your uni have subscriptions?
either way, you dont just go and lurk journals like you do 4chan. talk to a professor and tell him you wanna do research
>>
>>8341887
>lurk journals like you do 4chan
Wait, you're supposed to talk to people in academia?>
>doesn't your uni have subscriptions?
They do but I want to take them home.
>>
scihub lmao
>>
>>8341879
If you're a university student your school should have access to all these journal via VPN for all of the students. Talk to your school librarian and figure out how to get on the VPN to access the journals.

That being said, unless you're doing research for a professor, the most up to date journals are completely useless to you; without proper core knowledge. If anything, the most important part of the journals you need to read are mostly the Abstracts; the more detailed stuff like procedures are so boring and fairly pointless to read (unless you're doing very related research)

So brush up on your textbook knowledge first!

source: i am med student.
>>
>>8341953
>So brush up on your textbook knowledge first!
I'm a senior, not some dipshit freshman who hasn't taken his first calculus class yet.

As I said, I don't really want to read them online, I want physical copies I can read and annotate. Technology is for rubes
>>
>>8341899
>his uni doesn't have a VPN
>>
>>8341957
then get them printed and bound. its not Amazon books fgt.
>>
You should be able to access them from home.

Don't believe that abstracts only guy, many times the actual results are buried in graphs behind the pay wall. It's not good info that "meat correlates with cancer" unless you can see all the numbers and what kind of meat was studied etc.

Also, way too many studies fail to be repeated and might be low quality. You really need to see how it was done or you'll end up with false information.
>>
>>8341957
>senior in college
>doesn't know how to vpn for journal access
>calling someone else a dipshit.

lmao.
>>
>>8341978
Yeah, unless you're doing very specific research with a professor, you wont' need the nitty gritty, and the reason I know OP isn't in that position is because he would have been told how to get access to that kind of info, and how to access it for relevance by a grad student or the professor.

Abstracts are fine, but you should be looking for other studies that have shown replicate results/finding.
>>
>>8341983
I. don't. want. to. read. them. online. dipshit.
>>
>>8341988
>doesn't know he can print journals
>being this retarded.
>>
>>8341879
These are a mix of unpublished and published journals: arxiv.org
>>
>>8341879
Just access them from your uni's library. You're paying for it with your tuition, fag.
>>
>>8341957
Most cutting-edge journals are only salient to post-doc experts in that specific topic.
>>
>>8341957
>WHAT IS PRINTING
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.