[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space travel simply isn't viable. We don't see signs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

Space travel simply isn't viable.

We don't see signs of alien life because no one makes it. Even if the universe has tricks to make it possible, it takes a very loooooong time to even master the technology which is long past the time of any life in the universe.
>>
How the fuck is he even going to drink that
>>
>>8336832
The beer wouldn't even be liquid. It would boil in the vacuum as soon as opened.
>>
>>8336864
No it would freeze.
>>
File: WaterPhaseDiagram.png (146KB, 2255x1824px) Image search: [Google]
WaterPhaseDiagram.png
146KB, 2255x1824px
>>8336892
No.
Moon is cold, but in a vacuum water will boil not freeze.
>>
>>8336920
is is the moon cold if there is sunlight shining on it?
the bottle would heat up and break.
>>
>>8336822
>loooooong
1. You didn't need all of those o's.
2. Space travel already exists, human beings are presently traveling through space in the ISS and traveled through space (as well as earths atmosphere) to arrive there.

Are you saying that faster than light space travel can't exist? What evidence suggests that life can not exist long enough to create FTL do you have?
>>
>>8336864
>>8336892
>It would boil
>it would freeze
It would actually do both.
>>
>>8336822
>it takes a very loooooong time to even master the technology which is long past the time of any life in the universe.
It would only take one species, who could then pass the knowledge and tech onto other civilizations. Which then does the same to more.
>>
>>8336822
We have already sent probes out there that will reach other solar systems or pass them by. It's not impossible or even unlikely we could make the probes go way faster and have them sleep for a few thousand years while they map the galaxy.

Some day some people might want to travel at sublight speeds. Relativity allows for them to be alive when they arrive cause time slows down for them. Also immortality might not be such a hard thing to accomplish.
>>
>>8337716
>Some day some people might want to travel at sublight speeds.
This is the part may be impossible. Hence the OP statement where aliens aren't sailing across the universe.
>>
>>8337729
I heard an explanation for the apparent absence of extraterrestrial life in the universe that says because most of the universe is still too warm to support life (if life can only exist in the conditions found on earth with the characteristics found on earth) we are examples of some of the first life to exist and/or reach sentience. The explanation went on to say that as the universe cools the number of environments capable of supporting life will increase. Basically we're just a little early to the game. I've wondered if UFO's, assuming they are not weather balloons or crafts piloted by life of xenoplanetary origins, might be crafts piloted by the descendants of homo sapiens from the future. I'll stop before I'm shown the way to /X/.
>>
The university is a simulation and was inherently designed to keep us contained on our own planet.
>>
>>8337783
>The university is a simulation
That's a new one.
>>
File: yet.png (342KB, 750x457px) Image search: [Google]
yet.png
342KB, 750x457px
>>8336822
>Space travel simply isn't viable.

Yet.
>>
If it was viable, where the fuck are the space virus?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.